Bethany Physical Therapy
Many people are familiar with physical therapy, but what is Bethany physical therapy? The big difference is that at the Bethany Physical Therapy Clinic, there is a different kind of approach. It is a patient-centered, whole body, and interdisciplinary approach, not just a focus on one type of therapy. The staff has expertise in a wide range of areas including pelvic floor condition for both sexes, shoulder, knee, hand, ankle, and spine injuries and total joint replacement, preparation, and recovery for surgery, sports concerns, balance issues and more.
The well-trained therapists are available to treat your pain by consulting with staff on hand to thoroughly investigate your case. They will use the latest techniques that are evidence-based. All of the therapists have advanced physical therapy degrees and are ready to address your issues. Some have Masters Degrees, and others are Doctors of Physical Therapy
What Services are Available at Bethany Physical Therapy?
The number of services are many. Your expert therapist may offer one approach, but often a combination is required so that you have the best recovery possible to reduce your pain or condition. Some of the options are as follows:
- Low Back Pain: This issue is so prevalent that about 80 % of Americans will suffer this problem once in their life. Several techniques are used to relieve your pain.
- Manual Therapy: Your therapist may manipulate your soft tissues and skeletal joints to increase the range of movement and to reduce pain.
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy: This is the mainstay of the clinic. Physical therapists are experts in the treatment of musculoskeletal and neuromuscular disfunction. They have a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology as well as how movement, posture and function can affect your well- being. They will not only teat the current problem, but they also advise you on how to prevent the issue from returning.
- ASTYM Treatment: Your therapist will stimulate your scar tissue, tendons, muscles, and other soft tissue to promote regeneration in a specific area.
- Functional Diabetes: Our program focuses on exercise to help you manage and even reduce the effects of your diabetes.
- Men’s Health: As you age, some men suffer from pelvic pain and incontinence. Our therapists have specific training in this are to reduce your pain and symptoms through education, biofeedback, manual therapy, and exercise.
- Moto Vehicle Accident Care: There can be multi problems that plague car accident victims from whiplash to fractures, to muscle strain and tearing. Specific physical therapy exercise can improve range of motion and reduce pain.
- Pediatric Bowel and Bladder Control: The therapists have unique ways to manage these issue which can be devastating for families and even cause emotional damage.
- Pediatric Pelvic Floor Rehab: Our non-invasive physical therapy can assist your child to retain control over bowel and bladder functions.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy: Children can start physical therapy when that are infants and progress through to adolescence. This is a great program that can assist in early detection of health problems and treat a variety of issues as a result of injury, and diseases of the muscles, bones, and joints. Even nonverbal children can benefit from the program.
- Pre and Post-Partum Rehabilitation: Since pregnancy puts a strain on many body parts, specific therapeutic exercises can help you return to normal functioning as quickly as possible.
- Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging: The imaging process allows our therapists to identify motor control problems that often accompany treating patients with musculoskeletal problems.
- Temporomandibular Dysfunction: This program focuses on educating patients to maintain proper posture to reduce pain.
- Women’s Heath: Some women suffer significant pain and discomfort in the pelvic area due to some issues. Our expert team will provide therapy to relieve the symptoms at different stages of your life, whether you are a teenager in high school, a mature adult or an aging senior.
These are only a sample of the programs that are available. There are 21 more programs specific to a variety of needs including arthritis, fitness, conditioning, injury prevention, and weight loss.
What to Expect on Your First Visit at the Bethany Physical Therapy Clinic
Even before you enter the center, you can get started on the process by filling out the new patient paperwork at home. That way you can reference the names of the medications that you are taking easily along with locating all of the necessary details in the comfort of your own home.
What to Bring?
When you arrive at the clinic, you will need
- the patient paperwork completed
- an identification card
- your health insurance card
- a prescription for physical therapy from your primary care physician (if you have one)
- any x-rays, MRIs or doctor reports
What to Wear?
Since you will be physical y active, wear loose fitting clothing.
What to Expect?
- introduction to your physical therapist
- a discussion of the issues and what you want to achieve
- testing of the area of concern whether it is your back, knee or any other area of your body to evaluate the root cause of your discomfort
After a throughout analysis of your situation, your therapist will discuss the findings and the individual suggested program for treatment.
It is crucial that you realize that all of our therapists will have a focus on shared decision making. Since your voice is a critical part of the process, you can expect that you will be consulted every step on the path to recovery. And if you have any questions, be sure to ask. We not only welcome questions but we expect that you will want to have every detail of your treatment program clear in your mind.
Comparable Care from Pain Doctors in New York or Pain Doctors in New Jersey?
And if you live in the east, where can you receive comparable care? There are pain treatment clinics that have pain doctors in NY or pain doctors in NJ where you can receive care that is comparable to the Bethany Physical Therapy Clinic. The pain doctors in these areas consult with physical therapists to coordinate treatment options to alleviate you suffering through a well-coordinated approach.