When you stop to think about how often you use your back on a daily basis, it is remarkable that this piece of our anatomy allows us to do so many things! Sitting, standing, walking, twisting, bending, stretching, biking, hiking, and running are just a small sample of the activities that utilize our back muscles. Moving with ease is a breeze when your back is pain-free, but people who suffer from muscle spasms in the lower back or chronic back pain know that all of these movements create tremendous stress.
When you begin searching for back pain relief, one of the first phrases you might search for is, “How do I locate a back pain doctor near me?”. If you’re ready to find lower back pain relief, the next step is finding a back injury doctor who is also a pain management specialist. Here, we’ll examine what doctors do for back pain, how to get relief from lower back pain, as well as treatment options and pain treatment plans that will help you resume a pain-free life.
What Can a Back Pain Doctor Near Me Do For Chronic Back Pain?
One of the main reasons why people avoid the search phrase “back pain doctor near me” is the fear of painful and invasive surgery. Once chronic back pain invades your life and makes daily activities unenjoyable, or even unmanageable, your first thought is that the only route to fix the pain is through surgical treatments.
So, what do doctors do for back pain? At Pain Treatment Specialists, our interventional pain doctors listen to your specific concerns and craft a care plan designed to avoid surgery and dangerous, addictive narcotics. Our Ivy League-educated doctors know how to relieve back pain through back pain remedies that utilize cutting-edge, minimally-invasive technologies. If you thought that surgery was the only option for your lower back pain treatment, think again! The back pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists help you avoid back pain medicines such as narcotics or over-the-counter medications in favor of back pain treatments that target your specific concerns.
What Does Back Pain Feel Like According to a Spine Dr?
At least once in their lives, most people will experience some form of back pain. Top spine doctors and back doctors have identified common symptoms of back pain including:
- A shooting or stabbing pain in specific areas of the back
- A general muscle ache
- Pain that radiates down the legs
- Pain that worsens while walking, sitting, standing, or bending
- Pain that decreases while reclining
While these symptoms affect people for a short amount of time after strenuous activities or repetitive motions like digging or painting, when is it time to search for a “back injury doctor near me?”. While meeting with your primary care physician is a good start, seeking a spine specialist is considered the best way to relieve lower back pain.
Chronic back pain requires back pain treatments from care doctors who specialize in pain management techniques.
How to Relieve Lower Back Pain
Once you’re ready to relieve your lower back pain and search for a “back pain doctor near me”, what kinds of treatments can you expect? Rather than suggesting surgery as the first course of treatment, the interventional pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists work with you to carefully craft a back pain treatment plan that provides pain relief. The goal is to avoid surgery and narcotics, while also allowing you to return to a pain-free life. At Pain Treatment Specialists, here are just a few of our cutting-edge back pain treatments:
- Coolief SI Joint Cooled RF: While this treatment sounds like a mouthful, its utilization in back pain treatment is truly cutting-edge. One of the most recent revolutions in radiofrequency technology, it provides your interventional pain doctor a way to target treatment for hard-to-reach spine pain. Simply put, COOLIEF provides relief through cooled radiofrequency probes to cut off the nerve supply to the sacroiliac joint, which is a common source of lower back pain.
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Injection: Another highly-effective pain management technique for lower back pain is the SI Joint Injection, which guides a local anesthetic into the SI joint tissue, providing immediate pain relief.
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation: This treatment targets patients who experience lower back pain as a result of lumbar facet joint arthritis. Electromagnetic waves travel at the speed of light, and the resulting heat energy precisely delivers pain relief to affected nerve endings. It is these nerve endings that are sending pain signals to the facet joints, which allows lumbar radiofrequency ablation to effectively and quickly treat lower back pain.
- Lumbar Epidural: A lumbar epidural combines a corticosteroid with a local anesthetic to provide relief from lower back pain. This outpatient procedure works quickly to provide targeted back pain relief.
Once you’ve decided that it’s time to return to all of the fun activities that your back can handle, begin your search with the phrase, “How can I find a back pain doctor near me?”. This is the first step towards leading a pain-free life, and beginning your journey towards regaining your independence. Contact the interventional pain doctors at the Pain Treatment Specialists and see how quickly a consultation with a back pain doctor changes your life. It’s time to get relief from lower back pain!