Who Is the Best Neck Pain Doctor in New York?
April 08, 2021
Where Can I Find The Best Neck Pain Doctor In New York?
If you suffer from neck pain, then you aren’t the only one. Statistics show that between 70-75% of the adult population will experience neck pain at some point in their lives. The good news is that The Pain Treatment Specialists house a team of board certified pain doctors offering the latest minimally invasive treatments. These non-invasive treatment options combine the latest cutting-edge technology with a holistic approach to healthcare. A minimally invasive treatment option also avoids the risks associated with surgery and narcotics. Click HERE to book an appointment with our leading neck pain doctors in new york ny.
If you struggle with neck pain, then you may want answers to the following:
- How is neck pain treated?
- What causes neck pain?
- What are the most common symptoms of neck pain?
- Can I prevent neck pain?
- How much does neck pain treatment cost?
At The Pain Treatment Specialists, our board certified and Harvard-trained pain doctors provide an expert diagnosis and treatment option for neck pain. These top rated pain management specialists rely on using minimally invasive options to maximize your health and avoid risk. Best of all, these treatment options are pain free, low risk and highly effective in alleviating both acute and chronic neck pain.
The best neck pain doctor in new york at The Pain Treatment Specialists understands why you might be worried about your neck pain. That’s why our doctors are passionate about providing the latest techniques in pain medicine to treat you. Instead of invasive procedures or narcotics, our pain doctors pride themselves on creating unique care plans for each patient.
If you want to find out more about the latest treatment options for neck pain, book an appointment with a leading neck pain doctor at The Pain Treatment Specialists in NYC. Our state of the art Manhattan clinic is conveniently located in the heart of the Big Apple, near Madison Square Park.
Now let’s explore some of the safest and most effective treatment options for neck pain in NYC.
How Is Neck Pain Treated?
The best neck pain doctor in New York can provide the latest minimally invasive treatment options for neck pain. Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons can be too quick to suggest invasive surgeries and narcotics to treat neck pain. However, invasive surgeries and narcotics include many risks and may not be the best way to maximize your health.
The safest and healthiest way to benefit from highly effective neck pain relief is to explore the following treatment options with one of our board-certified pain doctors at The Pain Treatment Specialists in New York.
Let’s now take a look at the best treatments for neck pain in NYC.
- Trigger point injections – trigger points are sensitive areas deep within connective muscle or tissue. They can contract and create the sensation of feeling knots in your body. Trigger point injections can alleviate trigger points in the head and shoulder. A doctor can use a small needle to inject a local anesthetic and corticosteroid drug so the pain is relieved.
- Cervical epidural steroid injection – the epidural space of the spine can be prone to nerve irritation. A pain doctor can inject medicine to reduce the pain and inflammation experienced in the epidural space. This alleviates pain associated with conditions like herniated discs, arthritis and spinal stenosis.
- Cervical facet block injection – there are 2 facet joints located on each vertebra of the neck. The facet joints are important for neck movements. If you struggle with facet joint pain, then facet joint injections might be your best option. A pain management doctor can inject a small volume of local anesthetic and steroid medicine into the facet joints. This reduces pain and inflammation in the affected areas and provides highly effective pain relief. For best results, fluoroscopic guidance (a special type of X-Ray) can be used.
Best of all, these treatments are low risk, pain free and highly effective in alleviating neck pain without the risks associated with surgeries or narcotics. If you want to find out more about receiving a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs, don’t hesitate to book an appointment with one of our board certified pain doctors in Manhattan.
What Causes Neck Pain?
There are many different causes of neck pain. You may have neck pain due to an injury, or as a result of an underlying health condition. That’s why it’s important you receive a diagnosis from a board certified pain doctor. They will spend time exploring the nature of your problem before creating a unique care plan to help you.
The most common causes of neck pain include:
- Cervical spinal stenosis – this is when a bony spur or herniated disc causes the spinal canal to narrow. This can cause the nerve root to become compressed, leading to nerve pain.
- Degenerative disc disease – this is an age-related condition describing when the discs in the cervical spine begin to deteriorate due to wear and tear over time. This can gradually result in a bulging or herniated disc which can put pressure on the nerve root.
- Herniated disc – disc herniation occurs when the spinal disc is compressed to such an extent that the fluid inside the disc spills into the spinal canal. This fluid aggravates the nerves, causing pain. Herniated discs are one of the leading causes of chronic neck pain.
- Pinched nerve – this is also known as cervical radiculopathy. It describes when soft tissues or bone put pressure on a nerve.
- Strained muscle – a strained neck muscle can occur due to repetitive movement, e.g. sitting at a desk for long periods of time or poor sleep posture. The pain can get worse when moving the neck in certain positions. Headaches and muscle spasms can also occur.
What Are The Most Common Symptoms Of Neck Pain?
There are many different causes of neck pain. That’s why it’s important to be on the lookout for symptoms of a neck problem.
Neck pain is not only limited to the cervical spine (the structure supporting the head as it is attached to the body). It can lead to face, back, shoulder, arm and hand issues. For example, spinal nerves can become pinched and this leads to weakness, tingling and pain in the shoulders, arms and hands. However, an extremely pinched nerve can also cause these symptoms in the legs.
Due to neck pain being triggered by many different issues and leading to various symptoms, it’s important you seek medical advice from a top pain doctor in NYC.
It’s important you look out for:
- Shooting pain
- Difficulty swallowing
- Stabbing pain
- Pain that radiates to other parts of the body – face, back, shoulder, arms and legs
In addition to providing you with a diagnosis and treatment plan, our top doctors can recommend the best nyc physical therapy program to help you. A physical therapist can alleviate the pain and improve functioning in the affected area by providing you with an exercise regimen.
Can I Prevent Neck Pain?
There are a few tips which can help prevent the development of neck pain. These techniques can be applied to daily life and may help reduce the risk of neck injuries.
- Carry items evenly – don’t try to carry a heavy bag in one arm and a light bag in another. Instead, distribute weight evenly when carrying items around. This will help even out weight distribution and stop muscle strain.
- Change your pillow – try to find a pillow that supports the natural curve of your cervical spine. One option may be to use an orthopedic pillow which has a deep depression where the head lies so that the neck is supported.
- Make sure your computer is at eye level – office ergonomics mean that many people look down at their laptops or computers. A great tip is to make sure you’re never looking down at your computer screen. Instead, your eye gaze should be in line with the top third of your screen. Connecting a laptop to a second screen or monitor can also be helpful in reducing neck strain.
- Maintain good posture – always having your neck and shoulders pushed forward (so that your back isn’t straight) is the most common posture when sitting at a desk. This can cause extra pressure and strain on the muscles and ligaments. Try to ensure your back is always straight and your shoulders drop down from your ears so that you are relaxed.
How Much Does Neck Pain Treatment Cost?
Now that we’ve explored the best neck pain doctor in new york at The Pain Treatment Specialists, you might be wondering how much these treatment options cost.
The good news is that The Pain Treatment Specialists house a team of pain management experts who provide the safest and healthiest treatment options for neck pain.
When you visit our state of the art NYC clinic, you will be welcomed into friendly and modern facilities. A member of our front of house team will take your insurance information and explain your coverage and benefits. You will be made aware of how much you owe for treatment (if applicable) and will have the opportunity to have all your questions answered prior to treatment beginning. Our front of house team liaise directly with your insurance provider to ensure you receive medical treatment as quickly and smoothly as possible. Best of all, you won’t be hit with any hidden bills or medical costs!
If you are unsure of your coverage or want your insurance questions answered, please don’t hesitate to call a member of our team today on (855) 211-8568.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our pain treatment specialists is one of the best ways to determine the proper solution for pain relief.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.