Where’s The Best Pain Treatment NY? | A Harvard Doctor Responds
May 21, 2020
What’s The Best Pain Treatment NY?
If you’re struggling with pain and looking for the very best in new york pain care, then this top rated Harvard pain clinic can help you. The Pain Treatment Specialists is a state of the art clinic which offers exceptional pain care treatments that minimize risk and maximize your health. This modern and spacious clinic welcomes patients from around the world who come to receive the latest minimally invasive treatment options. Best of all, the experienced pain management doctors based at this clinic are passionate about using the latest cutting-edge technology to treat you in a pain free and effective way.
So, is surgery necessary? The answer is usually no! Nowadays, even top pain management specialists and orthopedic surgeons can be too quick to suggest surgery and other invasive procedures to treat pain. Pain specialists often rely on using narcotics, NSAIDs, opioids and surgeries to diagnose and treat a range of acute and chronic pain issues. However, surgery can be extremely risky and can lead to many different health complications. Taking opioids, NSAIDs and other pain medications can create issues with over-reliance/ addiction. As well as these complications, surgery is not always necessary as there are many minimally invasive treatment options currently on the market.
At The Pain Treatment Specialists, you won’t have to worry about risky surgeries or narcotics. These top-rated Harvard pain specialists are experts in diagnosing and treating different types of pain using the latest advancements in regenerative medicine. They are passionate about creating a customized care plan to help you live a pain free life using the best cutting-edge technology. Regardless of whether you’re struggling with back, shoulder, hip, knee or neck pain, these board certified pain doctors will get you looking and feeling your best. Let’s take a look at some of the latest treatment options currently on the market.
What Are The Best Pain Treatments?
So far, we’ve looked at why it’s important to visit a board certified Harvard pain doctor NYC. Many people who have pain issues think that surgery and narcotics are the only way to effectively alleviate any pain. However, there are many non-invasive treatments that can help you live a life without pain. Let’s explore some examples of the latest techniques in pain medicine.
Neck Pain Treatments
If you have a sore neck and are in need of pain relief, then the following treatments could be beneficial:
- Trigger Point Injections – trigger points are located all over the body and are found deep within connective tissue and muscles. If you feel like you have a ‘knot’ then this could be a trigger point which is aggravated. Trigger point injections describe when a pain doctor deposits a small amount of local anesthetic directly into a trigger point. The local anesthetic helps the muscle to relax and provides highly effective pain relief.
- Cervical Facet Block Injection – this type of injection is a fast and effective way to alleviate any pain. It is highly recommended for patients who have arthritis. A cervical facet block injection is when a small amount of combination of steroid medication and local anesthetic is injected directly into the cervical spine. This ‘blocks’ any pain you may be experiencing. Many pain doctors use fluoroscopic guidance to ensure they are locating the best possible area for the injection site. Patients can receive 2-3 facet block injections to benefit from the full effects of this popular treatment option.
Knee Pain Treatments
Knee pain is becoming increasingly common amongst all members of the American population. It is thought that excessive weight gain and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle are contributing towards the rise in knee issues. The following treatments could help you if you’re looking for highly effective and long-lasting knee pain relief:
- Steroid injections – these injections are very popular and can be delivered quickly. Steroid injections contain a mixture of a local anesthetic and a corticosteroid drug to reduce inflammation. A reduction in knee joint inflammation can provide excellent pain relief and reduce any swelling, stiffness and pain. Patients can receive between 2-3 steroid injections over a period of time.
- Radiofrequency Ablation of the Genicular Nerve – rfa treatment is an exciting and innovative area of pain technology. Rfa treatment works on the principle that by increasing the heat of the genicular nerves in the knee joint, the nerves will be unable to send pain signals to the brain. This treatment choice is highly effective in treating chronic knee pain without the need for surgery or narcotics. If you want to treat knee pain safely and effectively, then this procedure is for you.
- Genicular Nerve Block – this treatment describes when a pain specialist injects local anesthetic near the genicular nerves in the knee. The local anesthetic numbs the genicular nerves, meaning they are unable to transmit pain information to the brain. Genicular nerve blocks are highly effective in treating knee pain in a way that reduces risk and promotes health.
Back Pain Treatments
Millions of Americans experience back pain. If you leave your pain untreated, it could get worse over time or create other health problems. Back pain can also be a symptom of another underlying health condition. That’s why it’s important to seek medical advice from a board certified Harvard pain doctor. Below are some of the best back pain treatments provided by top pain management doctors.
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection – an ESI is a popular and effective non-invasive treatment option for back pain. It reduces inflammation caused by aggravated nerves. Nerves can become irritated due to conditions like spinal stenosis or disc herniation. These injections can provide long-lasting pain relief and can assist in getting you back on your feet as soon as possible.
- COOLIEF SI Joint Cooled RF – radiofrequency treatment can be used to increase the temperature of the nerves causing you pain. Once the nerves are deactivated using a small currency of rf energy, you will benefit from instant and long-term pain relief. RF treatment is a great way to treat back pain without worrying about narcotics or invasive surgeries.
- Lumbar Facet Injection – this is when a pain doctor injects local anesthetic into one or more of the small joints that are located on each side of the spine. The local anesthetic ‘blocks’ the nerve pain and can help you return to your daily activities without worrying about low back pain. This treatment choice is particularly effective for individuals who struggle with back pain due to arthritic changes in their facet joints. It is also recommended for individuals who have mechanical low back pain.
What Happens When I See A Pain Doctor?
Now that we’ve explored the best pain treatment NY, you may be wondering what it is like to visit a board certified Harvard pain doctor.
At The Pain Treatment Specialists, these top-rated Harvard pain doctors understand why you might be worried about your pain issue. That’s why they spend time with their patients to establish an accurate diagnosis. This involves your pain doctor taking a verbal medical history as well as ordering blood tests/ scans to rule out underlying health conditions.
Your pain doctor will use all of this information to provide a diagnosis and subsequent treatment plan that is tailored to your needs. This care plan is customized so that you are happy with your recovery process and to ensure it meets your timescale and expectations.
Your pain doctor NY will then recommend the best minimally invasive treatment choice for you. They can also provide information about a top physical therapist who can work with you to build your strength, flexibility and mobility in your area of pain. Many pain doctors also recommend maintaining R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression, elevation) throughout the treatment process. This helps to reduce inflammation and swelling in the painful joint.
The best part is that throughout your treatment process, you won’t have to worry about risky and negative side effects that are associated with surgeries and narcotics. These board certified Harvard doctors are passionate about promoting health by combining the latest technology in conjunction with a holistic approach to health care.
If you want to explore the best pain care in New York NY, then don’t hesitate to book an appointment with a top pain expert at The Pain Treatment Specialists. Their state of the art pain clinic is based in Midtown Manhattan in the heart of New York City. It welcomes patients from every corner of the globe who come to receive the best pain care on the market. The clinic has excellent transport links (it is near the 4,5,6 the 1,2,3 and a,c,e subway lines) as well as being close to Grand Central Station and Penn Station. It is also not too far from The Chrysler Building.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.