What Is The Best Pain Treatment West Orange? | Advice From A Pain Doctor
May 27, 2020
Where Can I Find The Best Pain Treatment West Orange?
If you’re struggling with pain, then it can be difficult to know the best way to treat it. There are numerous doctors, surgeons and therapists who provide a wide range of treatment choices. These usually vary from narcotics to surgeries and other invasive procedures. However, how do you know who is best to treat your pain? This is where we can help you!
The best pain treatment in west orange is provided by top pain management doctors at this Harvard pain treatment clinic. Pain doctors are experts in diagnosing and treating a wide range of pain issues without using risky surgeries or narcotics. They are passionate about combining the latest techniques in regenerative medicine with a holistic approach to health to provide pain-free treatment options. You won’t need to worry about side effects associated with risky surgeries or narcotics/ opioids because these Harvard pain doctors create a customized care plan that promotes your health and minimizes any risk. At this top pain center, you will be assessed and treated by board certified Harvard pain doctors who are leaders in their field and are renowned around the world for their contributions to pain medicine. Regardless of your acute or chronic pain issue, these top pain doctors in west orange nj are here to get you back to full health using the latest minimally invasive techniques. Before we meet these top-rated Harvard pain doctors nj, let’s explore some of the most exciting and innovative treatments in pain medicine.
What Are The Best Pain Treatments?
It’s vital you book an appointment with a Harvard pain specialist in West Orange. These pain doctors are experts in providing exceptional patient care that maximizes your health with the latest minimally invasive procedures.
Surgery and other invasive procedures are inherently risky and can sometimes create more problems than they solve. As well as the risks associated with undergoing surgery, it’s important to consider the negative health consequences that can arise due to narcotics. Some examples of the risks associated with surgery include:-
- Blood clots
- Secondary problems such as deep vein thrombosis or pneumonia
- Breathing difficulties
- Long recovery periods
- Over-reliance on narcotics, NSAIDs and opioids
Surgery is not an option that should be taken lightly. That’s why it’s important to consider effective pain treatments which are much lower risk and higher in their success rate. Let’s take a look at some of the latest non-invasive pain treatments provided by Harvard physicians.
Neck Pain Treatments
If you struggle with neck pain, then there are a few treatment options which may help you:-
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection – this is when a pain doctor injects a steroid (such as cortisone) directly into the epidural space in the cervical spine. It can reduce any pain and inflammation that is being caused by irritated nerves. Epidural steroid injections are particularly effective for individuals experiencing spinal stenosis, disc herniation and arthritis. These injections are highly effective in reducing inflammation and providing instant, long-lasting pain relief.
- Trigger Point Injections – trigger points are located all over the body and are usually found deep within muscles and connective tissue. If you have a painful trigger point, it may be that your muscle is unable to fully relax. This constricted muscle may be why you feel a ‘knot’ or ‘band’ in an area of your body. A pain doctor can inject a small volume of local anesthetic directly into the trigger point to help the muscle relax. This provides instant pain relief.
Shoulder Pain Treatments
If you have shoulder pain that has been bothering you, then check out the latest shoulder treatment options:
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections – prp treatment is an exciting and innovative area of pain medicine. Prp treatment is when a pain doctor extracts your own blood and runs it through a centrifuge machine. The centrifuge creates a high concentration of your body’s own growth factors. These growth factors are then re-injected into your area of pain to stimulate the growth of healthy, new cells. This treatment combines the latest techniques in regenerative medicine with your body’s own ability to heal.
- Cortisone Injections – cortisone injections are highly effective in alleviating any pain. A pain doctor can administer cortisone injections directly into the shoulder bursa area to reduce any irritation, pain and discomfort. By reducing pain, individuals can take part in their physical therapy program.
Back Pain Treatments
Back pain is a common issue affecting millions of Americans every year. It can be due to disc herniation, arthritis or wear and tear over time. In many cases, surgery is not necessary to treat back pain. Let’s explore some of the latest back pain treatment options which may appeal to you:-
- Lumbar Epidural – an epidural steroid injection is when a pain doctor injects local anesthetic directly into the epidural space in the spine. The epidural space is a fat-filled pocket that is located between the protective sac of the spinal nerves and the bone. A pain doctor can provide instant and long-lasting pain relief by injecting local anesthetic directly into this epidural space. This allows you to return to daily activities as well as take part in a physical therapy program.
Knee Pain Treatments
Knee pain is another common pain issue which is on the rise. Doctors believe knee pain is becoming more common due to sedentary lifestyles and diet changes. Regardless of whether you have long-term pain or an acute injury, the following treatments may be able to help you avoid surgery:-
- Radiofrequency Ablation of the Genicular Nerves – this is when a pain doctor applies rf energy directly to the genicular nerves in the knee joint. The genicular nerves are responsible for sending pain information from the knees directly to the brain. Once the genicular nerves are heated up by the rf energy, they are deactivated and are unable to send pain signals to the brain.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections – HA injections are an excellent way to treat painful knees. Hyaluronic acid is a component of synovial fluid. Synovial fluid is essential for ensuring that the cartilage on the end of bones is lubricated and facilitates the gliding motion of joints. If a joint lacks lubrication, the dry cartilage can create friction which leads to stiffness, pain and swelling. HA injections are a great way to combat this and provide effective lubrication of the joints.
Who Are The Best Pain Doctors West Orange?
Now that we’ve explored the latest non-invasive treatment options, let’s meet the leading pain doctors in west orange nj. These pain doctors are based in a state of the art clinic in west orange nj. The clinic is located near Essex Country Club.
Dr George Hanna
Dr Hanna is double board certified in anesthesiology, interventional pain management and pain medicine. He is a graduate of both Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He achieved his anesthesiology residency at Massachusetts General Hospital – Harvard Medical School. He also worked as a prominent Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School where he taught anesthesia and pain management techniques. Dr Hanna is passionate about further advancing the latest minimally invasive pain techniques. He is an experienced Director of Pain Innovations and Technology at Harvard. He has also served as Medical Director of Pain Management at Martha’s Vineyard Hospital and as Chairman of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Chilton Medical Center. He is a leader in his field and regularly contributes to medical articles and conferences.
Dr Laura Lombardi
Dr Lombardi is a double board certified Harvard pain physician. Her areas of expertise include anesthesiology and pain medicine. She is a graduate of Yale University and Wayne State University School of Medicine. Dr Lombardi completed her anesthesiology residency at Columbia University – New York Presbyterian Hospital as well as an interventional pain medicine fellowship at Harvard. She is an expert in delivering minimally invasive techniques and is particularly well known for using fluoroscopic guidance in her treatment programs. She is passionate about spending time with her patients to understand the nature of their pain complaint. Dr Lombardi also regularly writes chapters of medical textbooks as well as contributes to medical conferences.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NYC PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Namrata Khimani is one of a select number of physicians who have passed the rigorous certification process to become a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology. She earned her undergraduate degree from Columbia University and graduated from Harvard Medical School with honors.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.