How Can Hip Pain Treatments in NYC Provide Pain Relief?
Hip pain treatment in NYC, provided by the expert pain management team at Pain Treatment Specialists, can provide hip pain management and pain relief. Your muscles and ligaments, hip flexor, and thigh bone are all related to provide seamless movement in your legs, and when one of these pieces isn’t working, your hip pain becomes noticeable over periods of time. Contact the hip specialists that provide the best hip pain treatment in NYC involving pain management techniques and not dangerous narcotics.
What are the Best Hip Pain Treatments in NYC?
Your hip pain treatment in NYC does not have to involve dangerous, addictive narcotics to treat hip pain issues. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain management doctors have a wide variety of hip pain treatments including:
- Physical Therapy: Once your pain doctor has diagnosed your specific hip pain issue, a physical therapist can work to build strength in weak areas through tailored exercises and therapies. Physical therapy treatment options can be used to target your hip pain, and pain treatment training is used to build muscles and increase flexibility in affected areas. Treatment options that are crafted just for you in conjunction with your pain doctor and physical therapist.
- Steroid Injections/Corticosteroids: This is the first course of treatments utilized by hip pain treatment doctors. Steroid injections decrease inflammation and provide pain relief. During this hip pain treatment in NYC, your pain doctor draws the corticosteroid into a syringe that is injected into the affected hip area. This provides immediate hip joint pain relief and reduces inflammation and swelling.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection/Viscosupplementation: The next course of action for your hip pain treatment in NYC is a hyaluronic acid injection. Hyaluronic acid is the main component of joint fluid, which gives the fluid its slippery quality. If you’re experiencing hip osteoarthritis, your body may not have enough hyaluronic acid. Viscosupplementation is a treatment where hyaluronic acid is injected into the hip joints to supplement your body’s natural supply, adding cushion to protect hip joints during usage. It асtѕ аѕ a lubrісаnt аnd shock absorber іn healthy jоіntѕ, allowing them to mоvе smoothly оvеr еасh other.
A ѕmаll amount of fluid in the joint іѕ rеmоvеd fіrѕt to mаkе rооm fоr thе hyaluronic асіd. If your hips are swollen with excess fluid, the doctor may draw it out with a needle and syringe. This injection is only effective if the hyaluronic acid is delivered directly into the hip joint, not the surrounding tissues. For better accuracy, some doctors use ultrasound while giving the injection.
Your hip pain treatment in NYC, administered by a pain management doctor, provides immediate hip pain relief based on your specific symptoms.
Symptoms of Hip Pain and Hip Flexor Pain
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 7% of people with chronic pain describe it as coming from their hip or hip flexor. Hip pain is fairly common, and hip pain treatments in NYC address these common pain concerns. Some common symptoms of hip pain include:
- Hip joint pain
- Groin pain
- Loss of motion
- Difficulty while standing or sitting
If you are feeling these hip pain symptoms for more than a few days, it’s time to look into hip pain treatment in NYC. Contact the board certified and Ivy League-educated team at Pain Treatment Specialists to see how they can utilize minimally-invasive treatments to alleviate your hip pain.
Medical Causes of Hip Pain
Only a pain management doctor can diagnose the medical cause of your hip pain. Once your hip pain has been properly diagnosed, your pain doctor can begin hip pain treatments in NYC. Medical causes of hip pain include:
- Hip osteoarthritis: Hip osteoarthritis is also known as degenerative аrthrіtіѕ оr degenerative joint disease. This is the mоѕt соmmоn tуре of аrthrіtіѕ and іѕ ѕееn раrtісulаrlу among older people. Hеаlthу cartilage lets bоnеѕ glіdе оvеr еасh оthеr, аbѕоrbing еnеrgу when physical movement occurs. If you have oѕtеоаrthrіtіѕ, you’ll feel stiffness and joint pains in various parts of the body. The areas affected the most are the knees, elbow, hips, neck, lower back, wrist, and finger joints.
- Hip Tendinitis: Tendinitis occurs when the band of tissues that attach muscles to bones get inflamed due to overuse. Hip tendinitis creates a dull, deep ache in the groin area.
- Hip Bursitis: A bursa is a closed fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between tissues of the body. The trochanteric bursa and the ischial bursa are the two major bursae of the hip. Located adjacent to the edges of the femur (thighbone) and pelvic bone, hip bursitis is the inflammation of either hip bursae, which can lead to stiffness and hip pain. There are several hip pain treatments in NYC that can address hip bursitis.
It’s totally fine if you’re “hip to be square”, but not ok if your hip is causing you to be a square. Contact the expert team at Pain Treatment Specialists to see how their hip pain treatments in NYC can get you back to your active, yet geeky, self.