Who Is the Best Pain Doctor in New York?
August 19, 2021
Where Can I Find The Best Pain Doctor In New York?
If you’re looking for the best pain doctor in new york, then The Pain Treatment Specialists is your best option. This state of the art pain clinic houses a team of board certified and Harvard-trained pain doctors offering the latest minimally invasive treatments. Click HERE to book an appointment with top pain management doctors at this modern and friendly Manhattan clinic.
If you struggle with a pain complaint, then you might be wondering:
- Will I need surgery?
- What happens when I visit a pain doctor?
- What are the risk factors for developing pain?
- When should I see a pain doctor?
- How much does treatment cost?
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons can be too quick to suggest invasive surgeries and narcotics for pain issues. However, surgery is risky and in some cases, it is not always the best option for health. Surgery can sometimes cause more issues than it solves and requires pain medication and long recovery periods.
For these reasons, it is important to consider booking an appointment with a top pain doctor in new york at our state of the art facility. At The Pain Treatment Specialists, our doctors pride themselves on providing personalized patient care plans which are centered around the latest minimally invasive treatments. These treatment options combine the latest techniques in regenerative medicine with a holistic approach to healthcare.
If you want to find out more about the most innovative and exciting treatments in pain care, be sure to read on to find out the latest options provided by our top pain management specialists.
Will I Need Surgery?
Experiencing pain and don’t know which treatment is best? You aren’t alone in feeling this way. There are many different causes of pain, ranging from acute injuries to underlying medical conditions. The good news is that surgery and narcotics are not the only ways to treat pain. There are many minimally invasive procedures which combine the latest techniques in regenerative medicine with a holistic health care approach.
These minimally invasive procedures are low risk, pain free and highly effective in alleviating a range of pain issues. Some examples of the most popular ways for treating pain include:
- Steroid injections: steroid medicine is far more powerful than over the counter anti-inflammatory medications. A top pain doctor can inject steroid medicine directly into the area of pain. This steroid medicine will reduce inflammation and pain in a fast and highly effective way. Steroid injections can be applied 2 – 3 times over the course of a treatment plan and have zero down time. This means you can return to daily activities with relative ease.
- Radiofrequency ablation: Radiofrequency ablation describes when a pain doctor uses a machine to transmit small currents of radiofrequency energy. The radiofrequency energy is transferred to the nerves near the area of pain. This energy will heat up and deactivate the nerves responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. Once the nerves are deactivated, they can no longer send pain information and this achieves long-term pain relief. Radiofrequency ablation is a safe procedure and is an excellent treatment choice for patients wanting to avoid steroid medicine.
- Platelet rich plasma injections (prp treatment): prp treatment is one of the most innovative and exciting areas of pain medicine. During prp treatment, a top pain doctor in new york uses a syringe to draw up a small sample of your blood. This blood sample is then run through a machine called a centrifuge. The centrifuge spins quickly in order to separate components of the blood. It then condenses your blood platelets into a high concentration. This high concentration of blood platelets are then injected directly into the area of pain to encourage the growth of healthy new cells and tissues. Prp treatment is a safe and effective treatment option for pain complaints.
These are just a few examples of the many different techniques available in pain care. If you want to find out more, please don’t hesitate to book an appointment with one of our board certified pain doctors at our New York clinic.
What Happens When I Visit A Pain Doctor?
Now that we’ve looked at the latest treatments provided by top pain management specialists, you might be wondering what exactly happens when you visit a pain doctor.
When you visit our modern and friendly clinic, you will be met by our experienced front of house team. They will collect your insurance information and will be on-hand to answer any questions you may have. You will then meet your board certified and fellowship trained pain doctor.
Your pain doctor will spend time with you to understand the full extent of your pain issue. They may:
- Undertake a verbal medical history by asking you questions
- Take blood samples to rule out underlying health conditions
- Perform a physical examination of your area of pain
- Order imaging scans (like ultrasounds and X-Rays) to gain a picture of the problem
Once your pain doctor has collected the relevant information, they will use this to inform their diagnosis and care plan. This care plan will involve a recommendation for a minimally invasive treatment option as well as physical therapy.
Our state of the art clinic is located in the heart of the Big Apple, not too far from Hudson Yards. It is a highly regarded Center of Excellence and regularly welcomes patients from across the country who come to receive first-class patient care.
What Are The Risk Factors For Developing Pain?
Now that we have looked at the best treatment options for pain in nyc, you might be wondering about the most common risk factors which can contribute towards pain.
It is always highly recommended you seek medical advice from a board certified pain doctor. Receiving treatment as soon as possible is the best way to treat pain before it gets worse or leads to further health issues.
Some of the most common risk factors for developing functional pain include:
- Previous injury
- Old age
- Manual labor
- Repetitive movements
If you are worried about your pain, please don’t hesitate to seek medical advice from one of our top pain doctors in nyc. They will be on hand to answer any concerns as well as recommend the best non-invasive treatments for pain.
When Should I See A Pain Doctor?
The best treatment for pain is to catch it early. This means booking an appointment with a board certified pain doctor so you can ensure early intervention and treatment. If not, your pain could get worse over time or lead to further health issues. In general, it is recommended to seek medical advice if you:
- Experience pain which has persisted much longer than expected (e.g. an old injury that still gives you pain)
- Have rapidly lost weight
- Have a fever/ high temperature
- Lose control of your bladder and/ or bowel movements
- Have no obvious reason for experiencing pain
If you experience any form of shoulder, back, hip, knee or neck pain, it is highly recommended you book an appointment with a board certified pain doctor. They will be able to establish underlying root causes of pain as well as create the best care plans for the treatment of pain.
How Much Does Treatment Cost?
So, how much does pain treatment cost? When you visit our Center of Excellence in the heart of the Big Apple, you will be welcomed into state of the art facilities. Our front of house team will collect your insurance information and will explain your coverage and any benefits. They will liaise directly with your insurance provider so that you receive treatment as quickly and smoothly as possible. You will also be made aware of how much you owe (if any) prior to treatment starting. This means you won’t be hidden with any hidden bills or costs!
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.