Where’s The Best Pain Treatment New York? | A Harvard Doctor Responds
May 19, 2020
Where Can I Find The Best Pain Treatment New York?
If you’re struggling with a pain complaint and looking for expert pain treatment new york, then we can help you. Pain doctors (also known as pain management doctors or pain physicians) are leaders in the field of pain medicine. They are experts in diagnosing and treating a range of acute and chronic pain complaints using the latest techniques in interventional pain management.
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons can be quick to suggest surgery and narcotics to treat pain issues. Whether you have long-term pain or a new pain issue, these surgeons can jump into surgery and narcotics. However, surgery is inherently risky and can cause many health complications. For example, long recovery periods, complications during surgery and infections are the most common side effects. As well as considering the risks associated with surgery, there are also numerous negative health effects that can result from taking NSAIDs, opioids and pain medications. It is no secret that the U.S. is in the midst of an opioid epidemic. Addictions and subsequent health problems are becoming increasingly common across the country.
Rather than engaging in risky and potentially unnecessary surgery, it’s important to explore the full range of treatment options on the market. The best pain treatment new york will be one of the board certified, Harvard pain doctors at The Pain Treatment Specialists in Midtown Manhattan. These expert pain doctors are passionate about using the latest techniques in regenerative medicine to diagnose and treat a variety of pain complaints. They provide the best in new york pain care and work with their patients to provide a pain free life. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about the negative side effects of risky surgeries or narcotics. These top-rated Harvard pain doctors are leaders in their field and have all achieved board certification. This shows that they have reached the highest possible levels of medical training and are extremely committed to advancing pain relief.
Regardless of any treatments you may have had in the past, a board certified pain doctor will create a custom care plan that suits your lifestyle and timescale. Pain doctors at The Pain Treatment Specialists are passionate about providing exceptional patient care and maximize your health whilst minimizing any risk of discomfort. These pain management procedures combine a holistic approach to health with the latest minimally invasive techniques to get you looking and feeling your best.
Your injury may be painful, but your treatment doesn’t have to be! This state of the art clinic manhattan has access to the latest cutting-edge technology which provides pain relief in a pain-free way! The clinic is located in the heart of NYC and welcomes patients from around the world. It has excellent transport links to both Grand Central Station and Penn Station and is not too far from Madison Square Park.
What Are The Best Pain Treatments?
It’s important that you understand what is causing your pain and how best to treat it. That’s why a top-rated Harvard pain doctor at The Pain Treatment Specialists can help you.
Pain doctors don’t agree with using risky and invasive surgeries or narcotics. Surgery and narcotics aren’t always necessary and can create more problems than they solve. Instead of relying on invasive procedures, it’s vital you book an appointment with a board certified pain doctor NY to explore the latest minimally invasive techniques. These expert Harvard pain doctors Manhattan will work with you to create a custom care plan that suits you. This care plan usually involves a recommendation for a minimally invasive treatment in conjunction with R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression, elevation). A top pain doctor can also refer you to an expert physical therapist. Let’s look at some of the latest cutting-edge procedures in pain medicine.
Knee Pain Treatments
If you struggle with knee pain, then here are recommendations provided by top specialists in pain treatment new york:
- Steroid Injections – steroid injections contain a local anesthetic and corticosteroid mixture. This reduces inflammation in the knee joint and provides immediate and long-lasting pain relief. Some patients receive 2-3 steroid injections to feel the full benefit.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections – hyaluronic acid is a natural component in synovial fluid. Synovial fluid helps to keep joints supple so that the cartilage that covers the joints helps the bones to glide over one another. Some conditions like arthritis mean that the cartilage lacks this lubricating fluid. This lack of fluid means that joints become inflamed and painful as they struggle to glide over the other. Hyaluronic acid injections can be delivered directly into the knee joint. This allows the cartilage to become lubricated and supple.
- Radiofrequency Ablation of the Genicular Nerve – rfa treatment is an exciting and innovative area of pain medicine. A top pain doctor NY can use alternating health technology to increase the temperature of the genicular nerves in the knee. The genicular nerves become deactivated when their temperature is increased. This means the genicular nerves are unable to send pain signals to the brain. Rfa treatment is a popular and highly effective treatment option that provides long-term pain relief.
Back Pain Treatments
Now that we’ve looked at some examples of the best knee pain treatments, let’s take some time to explore the latest back pain treatments.
- Lumbar Epidural – an epidural steroid injection (ESI) is a popular and highly effective way to treat back pain. It alleviates any pain that is caused by inflamed nerves. Nerves can become aggravated and irritated due to a number of problems, such as disc herniation or spinal stenosis. An ESI is able to deliver pain medicine directly into the epidural space in the back, providing long-lasting pain relief.
- Lumbar Facet Injection – these injections are recommended for individuals who have back pain due to arthritis or mechanical low back pain. During this procedure, a pain doctor injects local anesthetic near the nerves of the small joints located on the spine. Multiple facet injections can be used in various areas of the spine to provide effective pain relief.
Neck Pain Treatments
Neck pain is another common complaint experienced by millions of Americans. Below are some examples of minimally invasive treatments for neck pain:
- Trigger Point Injections – trigger points are sensitive areas in the body. They are usually found deep within muscles and connective tissues. Trigger points can contract and are sometimes unable to relax without help from a pain doctor. Trigger point injections are an excellent way to alleviate a tight ‘knot’ or ‘band’ sensation that you may be experiencing. These injections contain a small amount of local anesthetic to help them relax. A short treatment course is used to provide long-term pain relief.
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection – this is when a steroid (like cortisone) is injected directly into the epidural space of the spine. It can be provided to alleviate any pain associated with the neck, shoulders or arms. These injections are extremely effective for individuals who have nerve pain as a result of herniated discs, spinal stenosis or arthritis.
Why Do I Have Pain?
There are numerous reasons why you could be experiencing pain. Pain can range from sports injuries to an underlying health condition. If left untreated, your pain issue could get worse over time or lead to secondary problems.
At The Pain Treatment Specialists, our nationally recognized Harvard pain doctors understand why you might be worried about your pain issue. That’s why they are passionate about spending time with their patients to provide the best pain care in new york, ny. Regardless of whether you are experiencing painful knees, backs, hips or shoulders, these pain experts will tailor a treatment plan to suit you.
When you visit this state of the art clinic in Midtown Manhattan, you will be met by our highly experienced and friendly pain doctors. They will spend time with you to gather as much information as possible about your joint pain. This involves taking a verbal medical history and ordering any blood tests/ scans to rule out other health conditions. Once all of the information has been collected, they will provide you with a diagnosis and treatment plan.
The treatment plan is tailored to suit your needs. It involves a recommendation for a minimally invasive procedure in conjunction with rest, ice, compression, elevation (R.I.C.E.). They will also recommend a top physical therapist to work with you.
Our pain doctors take time to ensure that each treatment recommendation is in line with your expectations and timescale. Regardless of whether you’re struggling with acute or long-term pain, these experts pain doctors can help get you back on your feet in a positive and health-promoting way.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NYC PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Namrata Khimani is one of a select number of physicians who have passed the rigorous certification process to become a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology. She earned her undergraduate degree from Columbia University and graduated from Harvard Medical School with honors.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.