Who Is the Best Sciatica Pain Specialist in West Orange?
March 24, 2021
Who Provides The Best Sciatica Pain Treatment in West Orange NJ?
If you’re looking for the best sciatica pain specialist in west orange, then this Harvard medical clinic is your top option. It houses a team of board certified pain doctors using the latest cutting-edge technology to diagnose and treat sciatica pain. Best of all, you won’t need to worry about the risks associated with surgery or narcotics. That’s because this state of the art clinic in west orange nj uses minimally invasive treatment options to alleviate pain. Click HERE to book an appointment with a board certified pain doctor and explore the latest non-invasive treatments for sciatica pain.
The sciatic nerve is a large nerve pathway that runs from the lower lumbar, down the buttock, along the leg and into the foot. Sciatica nerve pain can result from irritation, compression or inflammation of this nerve. This type of pain tends to affect only one side of the body but can occur anywhere along this nerve pathway. There are many causes of sciatica nerve pain and the intensity of pain is different for each individual. That’s why it’s vital you book an appointment with a leading sciatica pain specialist in west orange.
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons may suggest surgery and narcotics to treat sciatica nerve pain. However, invasive surgeries and narcotics may not always be the best option for health. There are many risks associated with surgery and in some instances, it is not always necessary. Due to these risks, it’s important you explore the latest minimally invasive treatment options provided by top pain physicians in west orange. These treatment options are pain free, low risk and highly effective at alleviating sciatica nerve pain. Best of all, you avoid the risks associated with invasive surgeries and narcotics.
So, who are the best sciatica specialists in West Orange? Let’s read on to find out:
- Dr. George Hanna – Dr Hanna is double board certified with expertise in anesthesiology, interventional pain management, and pain medicine. He was a Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School where he taught anesthesiology and the latest pain management techniques. Dr Hanna is also an experienced Director of Pain Innovations and Technology at Harvard as well as serving as Medical Director of Pain Management at Martha’s Vineyard Hospital. He regularly delivers medical lectures regarding the most advanced scientific techniques as well as contributing to textbook chapters.
- Dr. Laura Lombardi – Dr Lombardi is double board certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine. She is an expert at treating joint, neck and back pain using the latest minimally invasive and fluoroscopic guidance techniques. Dr Lombardi completed her undergraduate degree from Yale University before achieving her medical training from Wayne State University School of Medicine. She then completed her residency in anesthesiology at Columbia University – New York Presbyterian Hospital as well as an interventional pain medicine fellowship at Harvard. Dr Lomabrdi is extremely passionate about tailoring her treatment approaches. She regularly speaks at conferences and contributes to medical textbooks.
If you are interested in booking an appointment with one of our expert pain doctors in New Jersey, be sure to call us on (855) 637-1915. Our leading pain doctors will spend time with you to fully understand the nature of your problem before creating a first-class care plan to treat you.
Now let’s take a look at some of the most advanced forms of pain care for sciatica.
What Are The Best Treatments For Sciatica Pain?
Now that we’ve looked at the best sciatica pain specialist in west orange nj, let’s explore some of the latest minimally invasive treatment choices.
- Sacroiliac joint injection – the sacroiliac joint connects the pelvis and the lower spine. If you have sciatica pain, a pain doctor can inject pain relieving medicine into the injection sites around the sacroiliac joint. This targets the root of the sacroiliac joint and provides instant and long-lasting pain relief. To maximize the accuracy of the injection sites, pain doctors will use a special type of X-ray (called fluoroscopic guidance). Some doctors also use local anesthetic to ensure the joint is numb and that you feel comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Steroid injections – steroid injections are far more powerful than over the counter medications and aspirin. A pain doctor can inject steroid medicine directly into the root cause of your sciatica pain. This produces a strong anti inflammatory response which alleviates sciatica pain. Steroid injections are a safe, low risk and pain free option for relieving sciatica pain. Many individuals receive a few steroid injections for maximum effect.
- Radiofrequency ablation – rfa treatment is an excellent option for individuals wanting to avoid steroid medicine or narcotics. It describes when a pain doctor transmits small currents of radiofrequency energy to the lower lumbar area. This heats up and deactivates the nerves that send pain signals to the brain. As a result, this alleviates sciatica pain in a safe way without needing steroid medicine or narcotics.
These are just a few of the many non-invasive treatment choices available at our state of the art west orange clinic. If you want to benefit from a customized care plan that is safer, lower risk and has faster recovery periods compared to surgery, be sure to book an appointment with one of our leading pain doctors at our west orange pain center.
Our state of the art pain center is located in West Orange, near Essex Country Club. It houses a team of leading pain experts who are passionate about using the latest minimally invasive treatment options that avoid risky surgeries and narcotics.
What Are The Symptoms Of Sciatica Pain?
Our leading pain management doctors are passionate about using safe and highly effective treatments to alleviate sciatica pain. These treatment options combine the latest cutting-edge technology with a holistic approach to health care. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about the risks associated with surgery and narcotics.
However, it’s important you recognize the most common signs and symptoms associated with sciatica problems. Seeking medical advice from a board certified pain doctor will allow you to explore the safest and healthiest treatment options for sciatica pain.
The most common signs and symptoms of sciatica pain include:
- A sharp, shooting pain anywhere along the nerve pathway (from the lower lumbar, through the buttock, down the leg and into the foot).
- Numbness, weakness and tingling along the nerve pathway.
- Pain that is usually only on one side of the body.
- Loss of bladder and/ or bowel control due to pain.
- Pain that usually only affects one side of the body.
If you experience any of the above symptoms, it’s important you book an appointment with the best sciatica pain specialist in west orange at our state of the art center. Call today on (855) 637-1915 to schedule a consultation with a leading sciatica pain expert.
What Causes Sciatica Pain?
There are many potential causes of your sciatica pain. That’s why it’s important you book an appointment with a top sciatica pain specialist in west orange. If not, your pain might progress and lead to further health issues.
Some of the most common causes of sciatica pain include:
- Degenerative disc disease – this is a condition associated with the natural ageing process. It describes when wear and tear over time causes the spinal discs to break down and degenerate. This can aggravate nerves and cause pain.
- Spondylolithesis – this is when one of the spinal bones extends forward over the other bone. This can lead to pinched nerves and sciatica pain.
- Herniated discs – when a disc herniates, it describes when one (or several) of the small spinal discs between each bone in the spine aggravates the surrounding nerves. This occurs because the inner jelly-like substance of the spinal disc can leak out of the hard outer surface of the disc. When the inner substance leaks into the outer substance of the disc, it can irritate surrounding spinal nerves. It is a bit like squeezing jelly out of a donut – the gooey inside layer spills into the outer layer!
- Spinal stenosis – this is when the narrowing of the spine causes excess pressure to be placed on the spinal nerves. This aggravates the nerves and leads to pain.
These are a few examples of the many causes of sciatica pain. If you experience sciatica pain and are worried about it, be sure to book an appointment with a leading pain doctor at our West Orange clinic.
Can You Prevent Sciatica Pain?
Sciatica pain can be a debilitating condition. Receiving an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan from a board certified pain doctor can alleviate the sciatica pain you’re experiencing. However, there are other small techniques that might help you to stop sciatica pain from recurring.
One way you can stop sciatica pain from recurring is to consider booking an appointment with a physical therapist. A physical therapist can create a unique physical therapy program centered around strengthening the core and gluteal muscles. Improving the strength of these muscles can help prevent sciatica pain from returning in future.
Engaging in low impact sports such as walking is another excellent recommendation. Walking is one of the best ways to help back pain. Make sure you walk at a slightly slower pace to ensure your steps are naturally smaller. This will stop you reaching forward with your toe which can strain your gait.
How Much Does Sciatica Pain Treatment Cost?
If you’re interested in receiving the best care for your sciatica pain, be sure to book an appointment with one of our board certified pain doctors. They can create unique care plans centered around a minimally invasive treatment option in conjunction with physical therapy.
When you visit our West Orange clinic, you will be welcomed into state of the art medical facilities. A friendly member of our front of house team will take your insurance information from you. They will explain your coverage and benefits to you so you know exactly how much you owe (if applicable). This also stops you from being surprised by hidden costs or medical bills. If there are any questions, our front of house team will liaise directly with your insurance provider so that you receive treatment as quickly as possible.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our pain treatment specialists is one of the best ways to determine the proper solution for pain relief.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.