Finding The Best Spinal Back Pain Treatment Center Near Me
Once you’ve decided that you’re done altering your daily plans, it’s time to seek a spinal back pain treatment center. The board certified and Ivy League-educated doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists are experts in pain management and minimally-invasive spine care. The team can diagnose your spinal condition, neck pain, or herniated discs through a variety of methods, creating a treatment plan designed to avoid surgery and alleviate your pain. As you’ll see, not all spinal back pain treatment centers are created equal, and the team at Pain Treatment Specialists not only utilize cutting-edge treatments, but also compassionate care.
What Does a Spinal Back Pain Treatment Center Offer For Treatment?
All spinal back pain treatment centers are not the same. Many suggest surgery as the only option for chronic back pain, which is a time-consuming and life-altering procedure. Not only are there risks associated with having surgery, the recovery time is long and arduous. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain doctors do not suggest surgery, which happens at many spinal back pain treatment centers. Here are some of the minimally-invasive, yet highly-effective treatments you’ll find at our clinics:
- Physical Therapy: Once your pain doctor has diagnosed your specific back pain issue, a physical therapist can work to build strength in weak areas through tailored exercises and therapies. A variety of physical therapy treatment options can be used to target your back pain, including strength training and pain treatment training to build muscles and increase flexibility in affected areas. Our interventional pain doctors work with physical therapists to create treatment options that are crafted just for you.
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation: This treatment involves electromagnetic waves that travel at the speed of light. These waves, which are a form of heat energy, are delivered precisely to the nerve endings that radiate pain. For patients who have not experienced success with nerve blocks or injections, lumbar radiofrequency ablation provides a longer-lasting option of increased mobility and pain reduction.
- COOLIEF Cooled RF Pain Management System: This is one of the newest advances in radiofrequency technology, and provides increased accuracy in spine treatments, which can be complex and difficult to reach through other treatments. The cooling technology requires no incision or general anesthesia, and ablates the sensory nerve fibers of the sacroiliac joint, providing pain relief that requires no overnight hospital stay.
- Lumbar Facet Injection: This treatment inject a small amount of local anesthetic or numbing medicine into small joints around the vertebrae. This numbs the facet joints, blocks pain, and provides relief from chronic lower back pain.
If your attempts to find chronic back pain relief at a spinal back treatment center ends with the word “surgery”, keep looking. The interventional pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists have a wide variety of minimally-invasive treatments to relieve your chronic back pain.
What Are Back Pain Doctors Called?
At Pain Treatment Specialists, our back pain doctors are called interventional pain doctors, and they specialize in the care and treatment of chronic back pain. Our spinal back pain treatment center is staffed with doctors who are compassionate practitioners, and keep up-to-date with the newest pain management procedures. Here are some of the spinal back pain treatment center doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists:
- Namrata Khimani: A nationally-recognized double board-certified leader in the field of pain medicine, Dr. Khimani passed the rigorous certification process to become a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Graduating from Harvard Medical School with honors, she treats a variety of patients, but her focus is primarily on low back pain and knee pain.
- Michael Nguyen: As a world-renowned triple board-certified pain specialist, Dr. Nguyen also completed his residency and advanced pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. Because of his high level of expertise, Dr. Nguyen’s clinic has been selected as a Center of Excellence. He regularly has pain doctors from all over the world observe the latest in minimally-invasive, non-surgical techniques.
- George Hanna: A nationally recognized double board-certified interventional pain management specialist, Dr. Hanna completed anesthesiology residency at Massachusetts General Hospital – Harvard Medical School and a pain management fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Harvard Medical School. He was also appointed as Director of Pain Innovations & Technology while at Harvard, as well as Medical Director of Pain Management at Martha’s Vineyard Hospital.
What Do Symptoms of Chronic Back Pain Feel Like?
Everyone’s back pain will look and feel a little different, but in general the following are symptoms of chronic back pain:
- Lower back ache that also includes leg pain
- Muscle spasms in your lower back
- Weakness or numbness in your legs
- Pain when you bend or lift
- Inability to sit or stand for periods of time without pain
If you experience one or more of these symptoms on a daily basis, you are experiencing chronic back pain. Only a medical doctor at a spinal back pain treatment center can diagnose the specific cause of your back pain.
There’s no need to continue altering your daily life to avoid chronic back pain. A spinal back pain treatment center, such as Pain Treatment Specialists, offers a wide variety of back pain treatments to relieve your chronic pain and return you back to a normal life.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.