Treatment for Shoulder Pain
Not only do your shoulders often carry what feels like the weight of the world, they also provide you a tremendous range of motion. Want to paint your bathroom? Your shoulders will let you reach every nook and cranny. Looking to get groceries from the highest shelf? Your shoulder gives you access above your eye level. Playing 18 rounds of golf on a warm, sunny day? You shoulders let you swing a golf club in a full arc, even if you still can’t hit that hole-in-one.
Because of all the activities that our shoulders allow us to do, we instantly notice when our range of motion is impacted by shoulder pain. When you feel pain in your shoulder, and it begins to impact your normal activities, you may think, “Where can I find treatment for shoulder pain near me?” Fortunately, the pain doctors at the Pain Treatment Center have several convenient locations where their highly-trained staff can accurately diagnose and treat your shoulder pain.
When Should I See a Pain Doctor?
If you have recently completed an activity where you completed a different range of motion than your everyday life, such as painting, exercise, or a home project, then you may notice stiffness or soreness in your shoulder. Additionally, if you have suffered recent shoulder trauma from a fall or accident, or routinely complete repetitive motions in work or leisure activities, you may also experience shoulder pain. For a minor shoulder strain, following the RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevate) procedure for a few days can alleviate pain. However, if you experience any of the following symptoms, it is critical that you contact a pain doctor, such as the as Board certified staff from VIP Medical Group, who staff Pain Treatment Centers across the country:
- Your shoulder feels like it could pop out of its socket.
- The pain is intense, and you can’t use your shoulder at all.
- Sudden swelling in your shoulder area, or the shoulder joint looks deformed.
- Numbness or tingling in your hands, or weakness in your hands or arms.
If any of the above symptoms apply, it is imperative that you ask, “Where is there treatment for shoulder pain near me?” Just trying to “go through the motions” of your day while in tremendous pain can lead you to seek relief through unhealthy avenues. The pain doctors at the Pain Treatment Center look to provide shoulder pain relief by avoiding narcotics and surgery whenever possible.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain can be caused by more than just a repetitive motion or new activity. It is possible that there is a deeper problem within your shoulder that is causing issues, which can only be diagnosed by a pain doctor. The following are possible causes for your shoulder pain:
- Rotator Cuff Tear: These can occur as a result of aging, or those who engage in heavy lifting or athletic activities. Acute rotator cuff tears are typically caused by a fall or sports-related injury, and occur abruptly. A chronic rotator cuff injury is caused by repetitive motions or making continuous overhead movements.
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome: Affecting the bursa (padding between rotator cuff and acromion bone), this condition causes a “pinch” at the rotator cuff tendons. This makes the bursa and tendons swollen, tender, and irritated.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition is similar to shoulder impingement syndrome, with symptoms that worsen over time.
How Can a Pain Doctor Help My Shoulder Pain?
Doctors that treat shoulder pain are called orthopedic surgeons, physiatrists, or pain doctors. They specialize in knowing both the complex anatomy of your shoulder, its joints, sockets, and muscles, as well as what specific treatments will work for you as a patient. Dr. Namrata Khimani, an Ivy-League educated pain doctor at the Pain Treatment Center, is one of a few select doctors who are nationally recognized as a pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology. This means that your care at the Pain Treatment Center is provided by doctors who are well-equipped to listen to your concerns, analyze imaging results to correctly diagnose the source of joint injury and pain, and create a treatment plan to remedy your shoulder pain. Ignoring the pain in your shoulder won’t help, but researching the phrase “treatment for shoulder pain near me” will lead you to the compassionate and caring staff at the Pain Treatment Center.
Is There a Treatment For Shoulder Pain Near Me?
Living with shoulder pain shouldn’t be a daily burden. With several locations, the Pain Treatment Center utilizes Board certified pain doctors who can expertly diagnose and treat your shoulder pain. Some of the treatments we offer in our state-of-the-art facilities include:
- NSAIDs: These are anti-inflammatory medicines designed to reduce swelling and decrease pain, while allowing the injured area to heal naturally.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy: Patients are injected with their own blood platelets and growth factors, which begins a natural repair process.
- Cortisone Injections: By reducing pain and swelling, cortisone injections can stop shoulder impingement symptoms.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections: These injections allow joint lubrication and reduce joint pain and swelling.
If you’ve had enough of your shoulder pain, and are about to search for “treatment for shoulder pain near me”, know that the Pain Treatment Center has a highly-qualified staff, compassionate care, state-of-the-art facilities, and several locations that can assist you. Let us help you return to your normal activities using minimally-invasive techniques, without relying on narcotics, to help you live your best life.