What Kinds of Treatment Options Does a Back Clinic Offer for Chronic Neck and Back Pain?
April 30, 2020
Lazy Sundays are the perfect day to catch up on your favorite TV shows, lounge around in your jammies all day, and try that complicated recipe you’ve had your eye on for a few weeks. You get your ingredients chopped and prepped, read and double check your recipe for clarity, and begin the first of many steps that should produce what looks like an outstanding Sunday dinner. Your partner calls from the other room while you’re starting to sweat the onions, and you turn awkwardly to hear what they need. Your back instantly freezes, and you know that it’s going to be fast food, and not a gourmet dinner, in your future. Back… meet couch.
Back pain commonly occurs with little or no warning, and happens through sudden movements, repetitive motions, accidents, or injuries.While you’re stuck on the couch sadly eating chicken nuggets, you begin to search for places that might treat your back pain. You see search results like “Tallahassee Spine Center”, “chiropractor Lakewood Co”, “comprehensive chiropractic Lakewood CO”, “West Texas clinic of chiropractic”, “back pain doctor Seattle”, and “Virgina Mason pain clinic.” Since you live in the tri-state area, you need to find the right spinal clinic, and refine your search to include where you live. You keep seeing Pain Treatment Specialists show up at the top of your list. This is because their Harvard trained backache specialist doctors provide the best care at their back and neck clinics in New York and New Jersey.
What Can a Top Back Clinic Do For Back Pain?
If you’ve suffered a sudden back injury, or you’ve dealt with chronic back pain for a long time, you might fear that a spine clinic near me will suggest surgery at a spine center. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our back pain doctors only utilize minimally-invasive back and neck pain treatment options. At our back clinics in NY and NJ, our back and spine doctors utilize the following cutting-edge treatments for chronic neck and chronic back pain:
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Injection: An SI joint injection is used both as a diagnostic tool, and a highly-effective back pain treatment. At our back and neck clinics in NY and NJ, an SI joint injection reduces pain and swelling in the SI joint, which is located in your lower back. Your back pain doctor uses an x-ray to guide a local anesthetic into the sacroiliac joint. If your pain decreases, that is an indicator that it was indeed your SI joint that was causing back pain issues.
- Lumbar Epidural: Using a local anesthetic, as well as a corticosteroid for pain relief, a lumbar epidural is also known as an epidural steroid injection. If you suffer from sciatica or lower back pain, a lumbar epidural is a highly-effective way to treat back pain in NYC.
- Physical Therapy: At the best back center in NY and NJ, Pain Treatment Specialists, we also utilize physical therapy as an option to treat back pain. Our spine clinic partners with physical therapists who create a customized spine care treatment plan for your specific back pain concerns.
At Pain Treatment Specialists, we are your health partners for neck and back care. Schedule an appointment today at one of our back clinics in NY or NJ to see how one of these minimally-invasive back pain treatments work to treat chronic back pain.
Who Are The Top Backache Specialist Doctors in NY and NJ?
What is a back doctor called? At Pain Treatment Specialists, our back pain doctors are called interventional pain doctors, because they utilize minimally-invasive back pain treatments. If you’re searching for a back clinic with the most qualified and highly-rated doctors, look no further than Pain Treatment Specialists. Here are some of the top back pain doctors in NY and NJ:
- Micheal Nguyen: Dr. Nguyen’s expertise in pain management is world-renowned. As a graduate of Harvard Medical School, Dr. Nguyen is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in Pain Medicine, and also taught for two years at Harvard Medical School. He is truly one of the pioneers of modern pain medicine in the United States, and regularly has pain doctors from across the country visit his back clinic to learn about the latest cutting-edge back pain treatments.
- George Hanna: Another former instructor at Harvard Medical School is Dr. George Hanna. He is double board certified in anesthesiology, as well as interventional pain management and pain medicine. His kind and compassionate bedside manner, combined with his depth of knowledge in the field of pain management, leaves Dr. Hanna with some of the best patient ratings in NY and NJ.
- Namrata Khimani: Born and raised in NYC, Dr. Khimani is another honors graduate of Harvard Medical School. She also passed the highly-rigorous certification process of becoming a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Khimani’s primary focus is on low back pain and knee pain, and she is honored to treat patients in her hometown of NYC and return them to a pain free life.
If you’re ready to see what a pain free life feels like, call Pain Treatment Specialists, where our back clinics in NY and NJ contain some of the top back pain doctors in the country.
What Does a Back and Neck Clinic Suggest For At-Home Treatments?
Even though there is no substitute for scheduling an appointment at a back clinic, there are some at-home treatments you can do to alleviate back pain before your visit. Our back pain doctors recommend the following at-home back pain treatments:
- RICE: This common acronym stands for “rest,ice,compress, and elevate.” When you rest your sore back, that means that you legitimately have to alter your activity level. Bed rest is best if you’re able, but this also refers to limiting your movements or activities during the day. Ice in 20 minute intervals to reduce pain and swelling, and use compression bandages to offer back support. Elevate your back as needed with pillows or furniture to reduce swelling.
- Use over-the-counter medicine: There’s nothing wrong with using over-the-counter pain medicine for your back pain. However, pay attention to dosing and do not exceed the daily allotted amount.
Lazy Sundays are meant for rest and relaxation on your terms, not your back’s. Call Pain Treatment Specialists today to see how our team of Harvard trained back pain doctors can get you back to a pain free life.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.