Where Can I Find the Best Neck Pain Doctor in West Orange?
April 28, 2021
Who Is The Best Neck Pain Doctor In West Orange?
If you’re looking for the best neck pain doctor in west orange, then The Pain Treatment Specialists is the clinic for you. This state of the art pain clinic in West Orange houses board certified doctors who are experts in using the latest minimally invasive treatment options that avoid surgery. Click HERE to schedule a consultation with a board certified and Harvard-trained pain doctor in west orange nj.
If you have neck pain, then you might want answers to some of the most common questions:
- What are the best neck pain treatments?
- What causes neck pain?
- What are the symptoms of neck pain?
- How much does neck pain treatment cost?
- What happens when I visit a neck pain doctor?
There are many different causes of neck issues which can contribute to acute and chronic pain. If left untreated, your neck pain could get even worse or lead to further health complications. Neck pain is also a type of pain which can radiate to other areas of the body, such as the face, shoulders, arms and back. That’s why it’s vital you book an appointment with the best neck pain doctor in west orange.
In addition, many orthopedic surgeons can be too quick to suggest invasive surgeries and narcotics for neck pain. However, invasive surgeries involve many risks and in some instances, surgery is not necessary. Narcotics, NSAIDs and opioids can also have negative health consequences.
The good news is that our modern and friendly clinic advocates a holistic approach to healthcare. Our pain doctors are experts in using the latest cutting-edge technology to treat a range of neck pain conditions. Dr George Hanna and Dr Laura Lombardi are two expert pain doctors who are highly esteemed in pain medicine. They have achieved double board certification and even completed training with Harvard Medical School – the top medical school in the world. Dr Hanna and Dr Lombardi are experts in using the latest minimally invasive treatment options to alleviate neck pain and help patients benefit from safe and pain free treatments.
Dr Hanna and Dr Lombardi are passionate about creating tailored treatment plans to the needs of each patient. That’s why they enjoy spending time with each patient to fully assess their needs and provide them with first-class patient care.
If you want to explore your treatment options or receive general medical advice from the best neck pain doctor in west orange, be sure to book an appointment on (855) 205 – 7295. Our modern and friendly New Jersey clinic is located next to Essex Country Club.
What Are The Best Neck Pain Treatments?
So far, we’ve looked at the importance of booking an appointment with the best neck pain doctor in west orange at The Pain Treatment Specialists. Now let’s take a look at some of the latest minimally invasive treatment options available at our top pain center.
- Cervical epidural steroid injection – the cervical spine is composed of seven bones which hold up the head and enable a range of motion. It is filled with different tissues, muscles and ligaments. Cervical pain in the spine can sometimes result from irritated nerves due to conditions like arthritis or spinal stenosis. A pain doctor can alleviate cervical spine pain by injecting steroid medicine into the epidural space in the cervical spine. This reduces the inflammation and pain in the spine.
- Trigger point injections – trigger points are sensitive areas situated deep in connective tissues and muscles. The trigger points can sometimes be prone to contracting and this creates knotting sensations. A pain doctor can alleviate these knots by injecting local anesthetic into the trigger points. Corticosteroid medicine can also be injected to reduce pain in the trigger point.
- Cervical facet block injection – the facet joints are important for enabling a range of motion in the neck. Facet joints can be prone to pain and this can cause individuals to have an inability to move their neck. A pain doctor can alleviate facet joint pain by using a special X-Ray (fluoroscopic guidance) to locate injection sites. Once these injection sites are selected, local anesthetic and steroid medicines are injected. This targets the root of the pain and provides effective pain relief.
These are a few examples of the many different treatment options available in West Orange, NJ. Our pain management doctors are passionate about using safe, healthy and effective treatments for functional pain complaints. When you visit our state of the art center, you will be able to undergo a full check and receive a treatment recommendation from a leading New Jersey pain physician.
In addition to a minimally invasive treatment option, our top pain doctors can also recommend the best physical therapist to create a unique physical therapy program for you. Physical therapy works well in conjunction with a minimally invasive treatment option.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Now that we’ve looked at the best treatment options for neck pain in New Jersey, let’s take a look at the main causes of neck pain.
Neck pain can radiate to other areas of the body, such as the face, shoulders, arms, hands and legs. If left untreated, it can run the risk of becoming progressively worse. That’s why it’s vital you book an appointment with a board certified pain doctor in New Jersey.
Below are a few examples of the most common causes of neck pain.
- Degenerative disc disease – this is an age-related condition that causes the cervical spine to deteriorate. Bulging discs/ herniated discs can cause pressure to be put on nerve roots, causing pain.
- Strained muscle – sitting the same way for long periods of time or carrying a heavy item are two activities which can increase the risk of developing muscle strain. Repetitive actions are the most likely cause of strained neck muscles.
- Cervical spinal stenosis – conditions like bony spurs or herniated discs can cause the spinal canal to narrow. This places more pressure on the nerve root, leading to pain.
- Pinched nerve – cervical radiculopathy (also known as a pinched nerve) is when the bone or soft tissues can put pressure on the nerve.
- Herniated disc – this describes when the fluid in the inner layer of the disc in the cervical spine spills out into the outer disc. The leaking of the fluid from the inner to the outer disc can aggravate the spinal canal nerves. Disc herniation is one of the most common causes of neck pain.
If you experience any neck pain, be sure to book an appointment with a board certified pain doctor in New Jersey. They will spend time with you to fully understand the causes of your neck pain before creating a care plan to help you.
What Are The Symptoms Of Neck Pain?
Seeking medical attention from a top neck pain doctor is vital if you want to heal in a safe and healthy way. Neck pain can commonly lead to pain in other areas of the body, such as the face, shoulder, arm, hand and back. This type of radiating pain can get progressively worse if it is left untreated.
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of neck problems include:
- Shooting pain
- Stabbing pain
- Burning sensations
- Issues with swallowing
- Pain that radiates to the face, shoulder, arms, hands etc
At The Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain doctors understand why you might be worried about your neck pain. That’s why they are passionate about creating unique care plans for each patient. Best of all, these care plans avoid the risks associated with invasive surgeries or narcotics. Don’t hesitate to book an appointment today and explore the latest cutting-edge treatment options for neck pain.
How Much Does Neck Pain Treatment Cost?
Now that we’ve explored the best neck pain doctor in west orange and the latest treatment options, you might now be wondering how much neck pain treatment may cost.
When you visit our clinic, a member of the front of house team will collect your insurance information. They will explain your coverage and will tell you how much your treatment will cost (if applicable). You will have full knowledge of the cost prior to treatment commencing. This prevents the possibility of being hit with hidden costs and bills.
In addition, our clinic liaises directly with your insurance provider. This ensures you receive medical treatment promptly and without any issues.
What Happens When I Visit A Neck Pain Doctor?
When you visit our state of the art West Orange clinic, you will be welcomed into modern and friendly facilities. One of our expert neck doctors will spend time with you collecting all of your health information. This process may involve:
- A verbal medical history
- A physical examination of the neck
- A Blood test
- Imaging scans (like X-Rays and ultrasound)
Once this information has been collected, your pain doctor will provide you with a diagnosis and a recommendation for a treatment plan. This treatment plan will be tailored to your needs and will involve a suggestion of a minimally invasive treatment option. Physical therapy is often prescribed as it can facilitate positive rehabilitation outcomes.
Our friendly and experienced pain doctors will be on-hand to answer any questions you may have. Providing compassionate care is at the heart of our clinic and is the driving force behind achieving positive patient outcomes.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.