Knee Pain Treatment Doctors in NYC Use State of the Art Techniques
Chronic knee pain is like an unwelcome house guest that has overstayed their visit. You’re aware of your every movement because joint pain and knee arthritis radiate pain signals to your brain even with small movements. Every time you need to get into your car, bending your knees makes you wince with pain. Squatting down to grab an item that’s fallen on the floor requires a concerted effort, and often some assistance to return back to standing.
Many people fear seeking treatment for their chronic knee pain because they believe the only option is knee replacement surgery. However, at top knee pain treatment doctors in NYC, state of the art pain management doctors use cutting-edge pain management techniques that do not require painful surgery or dangerous narcotics. The board certified and Ivy League-educated pain management doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists are the top knee pain treatment doctors in NYC. Here, we’ll examine how their minimally-invasive pain management techniques treat chronic knee pain, knee arthritis, and common knee pain symptoms.
What Types of Treatments Do Knee Pain Treatment Doctors in NYC Utilize?
The best knee pain treatment doctors in NYC will not steer you towards knee replacement surgery, but rather pain management techniques. The pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists know that their state of the art injections, ablations, nerve blocks, and physical therapy recommendations treat common knee pain symptoms.
- Steroid Knee Injection: Also known as corticosteroids, this medication can be administered in a variety of ways to reduce knee inflammation and knee pain. This fast-acting injection provides immediate relief of irritated and inflamed joints, bursa, and tendons
- Genicular Nerve Block: This cutting-edge procedure (also known as “G Block”) blocks the sensory nerves that transmit pain to the brain. It can also be used as a diagnostic tool to identify the progression of arthritis.
- Genicular Nerve Radiofrequency Ablation: For patients who experience chronic knee pain after a knee replacement surgery, GNRFA is one of the newest and best knee pain treatments in 2019 tackling this pain issue. Your pain doctor uses three needles placed under x-ray guidance to precisely locate the affected nerve. Heat energy then passes through the needles directly into the problematic nerve, blocking pain signals sent from the knee joint.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection/Viscosupplementation: Hyaluronic acid is a key component of joint fluid, which gives the fluid its viscous, slippery quality. If you’re experiencing knee osteoarthritis, your body may not have enough hyaluronic acid. Viscosupplementation is a treatment where hyaluronic acid is injected into the knee joints to supplement your body’s natural supply, adding cushion to protect knee joints during impact.
- Physical Therapy: The goal of physical therapy is to improve mobility, relieve pain, and target specific exercises that strengthen your knee. Also known as rehab, this treatment for knee pain can address both knee injuries as well as chronic knee pain. Your physical therapist will create a specialized pain treatment plan to address your specific chronic knee pain concerns.
The top knee pain treatment doctors in NYC, such as the board certified and Ivy League-educated team at Pain Treatment Specialists, know that surgery is not your only option for pain relief.
Common Knee Pain Symptoms
Knee pain occurs more often than you think! Not only does it affect people of all ages, it is a common complaint heard by doctors. Knee pain can center around your kneecap (patella), the knee joint (tibia or femur), knee cartilage (meniscus), or various tendons and ligaments that surround the knee. Top knee pain treatment doctors in NYC agree that some warning signs of knee pain include:
- Localized swelling or stiffness of the knee
- Redness and warmth
- Instability or general weakness while standing
- Crunching or popping sounds
- Inability to fully straighten your leg
- Knee feels like it is “giving out” while you stand, walk, or run
If any of these symptoms apply to you, it’s time to seek treatment for knee pain. The interventional pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists are top knee pain treatment doctors in NYC, creating treatment plans designed to return you to enjoyable daily activities. Living with knee pain doesn’t need to be permanent, and our board certified doctors are here to make your pain manageable.
Top Causes of Chronic Knee Pain
Knee pain treatment doctors in NYC treat many causes of chronic knee pain that fall under one of the following categories:
- Acute Injury: When you hit, bump, or twist your knee and then experience pain, it is likely that you have experienced an acute knee injury.
- Chronic Conditions: A chronic condition is one that can occur from overuse or through repetitive motions of your knee. Only a knee pain treatment doctor in NYC can properly diagnose your chronic knee pain condition.
- Medical Conditions: A medical condition, which is diagnosed by a general physician, can lead to knee pain. Some common conditions that lead to knee pain include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: An autoimmune disease that causes swelling of the joints along with severe pain.
- Gout: This form of arthritis is extremely painful during flare-ups.
- Septic Arthritis: This type of infectious arthritis can affect the knee joint and cause swelling and localized pain.
Time to give chronic knee pain the boot, much like the unwelcome guest it is. If you experience daily, chronic knee pain, don’t wait another day to contact the top knee pain treatment doctors in NYC. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our knee doctors use state of the art, minimally-invasive pain management techniques to alleviate your chronic knee pain and return you back to your healthy, pain-free self.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.