The Knee Specialist in Paramus Who Prevents Surgery
November 24, 2020
Physician Selection is an Important Step for Healthy Knees
Looking for a knee specialist in Paramus? Consider your own personal goals before making a selection. Are you prepared for painful surgery, lengthy recovery, steep medical bills, and complications? If not, you shouldn’t choose orthopedic surgeons. A surgical knee specialist might recommend knee replacement surgery, while a pain specialist will use minimally invasive methods to prevent surgery. Make sure you choose a doctor who aligns and complies with your treatment goals and desired outcome.
Knee Replacement Surgery Demands a Second Opinion
If you’ve already seen a knee specialist in Paramus who recommended knee replacement surgery, you’re wise to seek a second opinion. Knee replacement is no longer recommended for the majority of knee pain conditions. In fact, many patients seek a knee specialist for pain that was caused by knee surgery. It’s important to get a proper diagnosis before you agree to surgery. There’s likely a much simpler, more effective solution for your pain.
The Top Knee Specialist in Paramus Is Not a Surgeon
Fortunately, the most renowned knee specialist in Paramus is an interventional pain management doctor, not a surgeon. The board certified, Harvard-trained team at Pain Treatment Specialists has advanced tools to relieve pain without invasive surgery. Our innovative diagnosis and treatment methods make knee replacement surgery obsolete. Our treatments are not only safer, faster, gentler, and more affordable, they are also more effective.
6 Reasons to Avoid Knee Replacement Surgery When Possible
- Knee Replacement Surgery is Painful– It might seem obvious, but knee surgery actually compounds knee pain for a while. And since the knee is a hinge joint, it is very difficult to prevent movement in the sore area. Unlike surgery on an internal organ, which doesn’t have to bear your body weight, or bend in all different directions, surgery on the knee causes persistent pain.
- Knee Replacement Surgery is Risky– Like all surgeries, knee surgery presents serious risks like anesthetic complications, infection, blood clot, and even death. In addition, knee surgery subjects you to risk of stiffness, swelling, immobility, joint damage, and surgical failure. One of the more frustrating risks is that it fails to relieve your pain. Unfortunately, this is a common outcome.
- Knee Replacement Surgery Can Fail– Knee surgery can fail to work, particularly if your knee condition or source of the pain was improperly diagnosed. In addition, knee surgeries almost always fail over the course of time, requiring subsequent surgeries to maintain mobility. So, you have to go through the ordeal and the expense more than once in your life.
- Knee Replacement Implants Can Come Loose– Aseptic loosening is the failure of the bond between the implant and the bone. This can be caused by progressive widening between the bone, cement, or prosthesis. It can also result from fragmentation of the cement or migration of the prosthetic compounds. The risk of loose parts in a knee replacement increases with age, and also with the age of the implant. Implications include not only secondary surgery, but also pain, bleeding, infection, and instability of the knee.
- Knee Replacement Surgery is Costly– Knee surgery requires a large investment. It’s then followed by additional expenses like rehabilitation and physical therapy afterwards. Many patients also have to invest in other doctors to treat the pain the surgeon failed to relieve. In addition, surgery costs you time off work, lost wages, and time away from your favorite activities.
- Knee Replacement Surgery Prolongs Pain– If you’ve ever needed surgery, you know that you often have to wait weeks or months for an appointment. After that, you have to wait months or even years to feel relief. In the meantime, you’re still dealing with pain, often worse pain than prior to surgery. Many patients are prescribed risky medicines like narcotics to manage the pain while they wait it out. The better solution is to see an interventional pain doctor who can relieve your pain right away.
Minimally Invasive Methods Prevent Joint Replacement
The award-winning doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists use cutting edge techniques to prevent joint replacement. Our team begins with a thorough analysis of your medical history and any contributing factors to your pain. We then use breakthrough technology to locate the source of your pain with tools like fluoroscopic guided imaging.
Our doctors are so advanced, they can locate your pain and relieve it with a single injection. Since we avoid invasive surgery, we don’t need to use general anesthesia. This allows you to tell us when we have located your pain and when it is relieved. Unlike hip and knee replacement surgery, you don’t have to wait months to know if the pain is gone. You’ll know right away with our superior diagnosis and treatment techniques. Most patients experience complete relief with a single appointment.
Pain Treatment Specialists Paramus Uses Non-Surgical Methods
To avoid costly, painful, invasive hip and knee replacement, visit Pain Treatment Specialists in Paramus. Our doctors use outpatient, minimally invasive procedures like corticosteroid injections, nerve blocks, cooled radiofrequency ablation, and viscosupplementation to eliminate pain on the spot. Our physicians are world-renowned for their innovative approach and high level of care. Don’t subject yourself to the risks and rigors of surgery without consulting our experts first. Pain Treatment Specialists in Paramus is conveniently located on Route 17 and offers swift relief to all of our neighbors in the Garden State. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.