How Does a Neck Pain Specialist Near Me Treat Neck Pain?
June 18, 2022
We’ve all woken up with a stiff and sore neck that makes you move like Frankenstein. Your first movements of the day require you to turn your entire body instead of just swiveling your neck. Usually, after a hot shower and a little stretching, your neck regains its regular range of motion. However, what do you do when the pain and stiffness in your neck won’t go away on their own? Instead of navigating around your pain, it’s best to contact a neck pain specialist in your area for a professional consultation.
At Pain Treatment Specialists, our team of Harvard-trained neck pain doctors specialize in minimally-invasive treatments for neck pain. Our pain doctors are not orthopedic surgeons, and do not suggest neck surgery unless medically necessary. Instead, our team of nationally recognized pain management specialists use cutting-edge pain medicine treatments like steroid injections and trigger point injections to loosen tight muscle bands and provide pain relief. Book an appointment at one of our pain clinics in NYC or northern NJ and find relief from your neck pain.
Who is the Best Neck Pain Specialist Near Me?
When you’re first exploring what type of doctor to see for neck pain, the results can be overwhelming. What’s the difference between a pain and spine doctor, a neck, back, and spine doctor, and a spine doctor? You’ve searched for “waist pain doctor near me”, “neck pain NYC”, “back spine doctor near me”, and “spine injury doctor near me” and are just as confused by the results. What can you do next?
First, most types of neck pain are easily treated with minimally invasive procedures that do not involve surgery. Chronic neck pain concerns respond well to conservative treatments, and surgery is not recommended unless medically necessary. The best treatment for neck pain is found at Pain Treatment Specialists, where our team of Harvard-trained pain doctors are experts in interventional pain medicine.
One of our top neck pain specialists is Dr. Shane Volney. He completed a pain management fellowship at The Massachusetts General Hospital– Harvard Medical School, and was appointed Clinical Instructor of pain medicine and anesthesiology, also at Harvard. Dr. Volney regularly contributes to medical textbooks on pain management, and often speaks at national conferences on the latest development in pain medicine. Additionally, Dr. Volney’s patients often comment on his warm and nurturing bedside manner, and his ability to tailor a customized neck pain treatment plan that provides effective pain relief.
Schedule a consultation at Pain Treatment Specialists and begin feeling relief from your stiff and sore neck. With locations in northern NJ and NYC, it’s easy to book an appointment within your busy schedule.
What is the Best Treatment for Neck Pain?
During your consultation with your neck pain specialist, you’ll have a chance to describe when and how your neck hurts. If needed additional imaging procedures are ordered, and then your diagnosis and treatment plan are provided. Some of the neck pain treatments offered at our pain clinics include:
- Physical Therapy: A physical therapist understands the cause of your chronic pain, and how stretches, exercises, and heat and cold therapies relieve stiffness and soreness.
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection: This steroid injection is given into the epidural space of your spine. This minimizes pain and inflammation in your shoulders, back, and neck. If you suffer from spinal stenosis, herniated discs, or arthritis, a cervical epidural steroid injection is an excellent option for pain relief.
- Trigger Point Injection: When you have deep knots of connective tissues or muscles that are sore from overuse, trigger point injections help them relax. This injection uses a local anesthetic and corticosteroid to deactivate these trigger points.
During your appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, your neck pain doctor identifies the source of your neck pain, and thoroughly explains your customized treatment plan.
How Can I Explain Chronic Neck Pain to My Pain Management Specialist?
When you’ve lived with chronic pain for a long time, it is difficult to articulate how you’re feeling. You know that your neck is stiff and sore, and you’ve just learned to work around it. However, describing your neck pain accurately to your pain doctor helps with the diagnosis and treatment plan you’re seeking. Here are some tips for accurately explaining your neck pain:
- Keep a pain diary before your visit. In this journal, note what times of day your neck hurts the most, and what activities cause the most discomfort. Use specific words like “throbbing”, “aching”, “stiff”, or “shooting” to describe the pain you feel.
- Assign a pain score from 1 to 10, with 1 being minimal and 10 being unbearable. This also works well in conjunction with your pain diary, where you can begin to tie together what motions cause the greatest levels of pain.
- Be open and honest in your responses. Does your neck pain radiate to your shoulders? Are you having more headaches than normal? Do you feel any numbness or tingling in your arms and hands? All of these are important to reveal to your pain doctor.
Living with neck pain isn’t something you need to endure. Instead, schedule an appointment with a neck pain specialist in your area at Pain Treatment Specialists. Their board-certified neck pain specialists utilize effective and minimally invasive treatments for neck pain.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our pain treatment specialists is one of the best ways to determine the proper solution for pain relief.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.