Who Provides the Best Pain Treatment in Paramus, NJ?
Waking up to bright sunshine and blue skies is an instant mood lifter when you first open your eyes. Knowing that the weather is cooperating today means that you can ride your bike to work, talk a walk in the evening, and enjoy lots of fresh air. You sit up, stretch, and gently touch your toes to the floor. As soon as you stand up, your bright outlook begins to fade as your chronic pain reminds you that the fresh air fun has to wait until your body cooperates, too.
Chronic pain affects millions of people every day, but there is a way to find pain management and pain relief if you live in Bergen County, NJ. At Pain Treatment Specialists, pain treatment in Paramus is easy to schedule, and offers a wide variety of minimally-invasive pain management treatments. Our Harvard trained team of pain doctors will not utilize invasive surgeries such as a hip replacement or knee replacement, but instead use highly-effective ablations, injections, and radiofrequency treatments to eliminate the symptoms of your chronic and acute pain. Want to see what a pain management clinic in Paramus, NJ can do for your chronic pain? Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatments Specialists to see how our pain treatments in Paramus return your sunny optimism on a bright day.
What Types of Pain Treatments in Paramus Work For Chronic Pain?
If you meet with a pain doctor in Paramus, such as the team at Pain Treatment Specialists, knee replacement, hip replacement, or invasive surgery will not be treatment options that are discussed. This is because our pain management doctors in Paramus use state of the art methods to treat both acute and chronic pain that do not involve surgery or dangerous narcotics. When you schedule pain treatments in Paramus at Pain Treatment Specialists, here are some of the minimally-invasive chronic pain treatments offered:
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation: If you suffer from chronic lower back pain due to an inflamed facet joint, then lumbar radiofrequency ablation is an excellent pan treatment in Paramus. Your pain Dr. in Paramus uses heat energy, produced by electromagnetic waves that travel at the speed of light, to deliver precise pain relief to the affected nerve endings. For patients looking for steroid-free alternatives to pain management, lumbar radiofrequency ablation is an excellent pain management tool.
- SI Joint Injection: Your SI joint is also known as your sacroiliac joint. Common symptoms of SI joint pain include numbness, tingling, weakness, and pain in your lower back, legs, groin, and buttocks. During an SI joint injection, your pain doctor in Bergen County uses a fluoroscopic-guided x-ray to determine the precise location of your back pain, and then injects a corticosteroid into the affected area. The corticosteroid reduces pain and swelling in your SI joint, which provides long-lasting lower back pain relief.
Ready to discuss pain treatment in Paramus? Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, where our expert pain doctors create custom-tailored chronic pain treatment plans that address your specific pain concerns.
Who Are The Top Pain Doctors in Paramus, NJ?
At Pain Treatment Specialists, our team of pain doctors in Bergen County, NJ are some of the best in the nation. Each doctor is carefully vetted to ensure that not only is their educational background and experience of the highest quality, but that their bedside manner is calm, confident, and caring. Here are some of the interventional pain doctors in Paramus, NJ at Pain Treatment Specialists:
- Dr. Laura Lombardi: Dr. Lombardi completed her interventional pain management fellowship at Harvard University, and is an expert in fluoroscopic-guided pain management treatments. She is double board certified in anesthesiology and pain management, and specializes in chronic neck, back, and joint pain. As a former Division 1 collegiate athlete, Dr. Lombardi is especially in-tune with athletes who compete at the highest levels and don’t want chronic pain to affect their performance.
- Dr. George Hanna: As one of the top pain doctors in NJ, Dr. Hanna is a former faculty member at Harvard Medical School, where he trained students in the fields of anesthesiology and pain medicine. Later, Dr. Hanna was appointed as the Director of Pain Innovations and Technology at Harvard Medical School, where his expertise in the field of pain management was sought-after by colleagues across the country and also at national medical conferences.
Ready to meet with Dr. Hanna and Dr. Lombardi to discuss pain treatment in Paramus? Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, where our top pain doctors in New Jersey are well-equipped to treat your acute and chronic pain.
What is the Difference Between Acute and Chronic Pain?
When you wake up and feel pain in your neck, back, hip, or knees, you know that it’s not a great way to start your day. However, the cause of your pain may vary depending on the events or activities that led up to your early morning start. Acute and chronic pain are both quite painful, but the reasons they manifest vary. When you schedule a pain treatment in Paramus at Pain Treatment Specialists, be specific about what types of activities or motions you’ve been completing in the weeks prior to your visit. This helps your pain doctor determine if your pain is chronic pain or acute pain, which also informs your customized treatment plan.
- Acute Pain: Acute pain is linked to a specific accident, fall, or injury. If you were hooping it up on the basketball court and twisted your back or knee, your acute pain is pinpointed to this specific event. Perhaps you’ve recently been in a car accident or suffered a fall, which triggers pain in your body that did not exist before this incident. Acute pain is triggered by a specific trauma or motion, so be sure to inform your pain Dr. in NJ about incidents such as accidents or falls.
- Chronic Pain: Chronic pain occurs because of repetitive motions and activities. For example, if you are a runner, skier, painter, or snow shoveler, you may experience chronic pain after completing an activity that requires you to complete the same motion over and over again. This overuse of muscles and tendons causes chronic pain every time you complete the activity.
Located conveniently near the Paramus Park Mall, Pain Treatment Specialists is just off NJ-17, making it easily accessible for residents of Bergen County and Paramus, NJ to find state of the art chronic pain treatment. Schedule an appointment today at our pain management clinic to see how our Harvard trained pain doctors return you to a pain-free life.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.