Who Is the Best Sciatica Pain Doctor in NY?
February 19, 2021
Who Is the Best Doctor For Sciatica Pain In New York?
If you struggle with sciatica pain, then you’ll be searching for the best sciatica pain doctor in New York. The Pain Treatment Specialists is a state of the art medical clinic in the heart of the Big Apple. It provides the latest minimally invasive treatment options. Click HERE to schedule an appointment with a board certified, Harvard-trained sciatica specialist.
Sciatica pain can range from a general discomfort to debilitating pain. You might suffer from sciatica pain as a result of an injury or due to an underlying health condition. Sciatica pain can raise many different questions, such as:
- What are the best sciatica treatments?
- What are the symptoms of sciatica pain?
- What causes sciatica pain?
- How is sciatica pain diagnosed?
- How much does sciatica pain treatment cost?
The good news is that the best sciatica pain doctor in NY is located at this expert medical clinic. This centralized Manhattan pain center is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan, close to Bryant Park. It houses a team of board certified pain physicians who trained at Harvard Medical School – the top medical school in the world.
At this first-class pain clinic, you will receive a customized care plan that has been carefully curated by our expert sciatica specialists. Your treatment plan will be personalized to your individual needs and will avoid invasive surgeries or narcotics. These minimally invasive options combine the latest cutting-edge technology with a holistic approach to health care.
At this expert pain clinic in New York, you can be rest assured that our team are:
- Board certified – all of the doctors at our pain center have achieved the highest possible levels of medical training. They have passed rigorous medical examinations to provide exceptional patient care.
- Harvard alumni – our pain physicians trained at Harvard Medical School and continually contribute to the latest advancements in pain medicine. They are dedicated to teaching future physicians and further developing minimally invasive treatment options for pain.
- Passionate about minimally invasive medicine – avoiding invasive surgeries and narcotics is at the heart of this pain clinic. Instead, our pain doctors advocate the latest techniques in regenerative medicine to get you back on your feet in a safe and healthy way.
It’s highly recommended you schedule a consultation with a qualified sciatica doctor in New York. If not, your pain could get even worse or lead to further health issues. Let’s now take a look at some of the best minimally invasive treatments for sciatica pain.
What Are The Best Sciatica Treatments?
So far, we’ve looked at the importance of exploring the latest minimally invasive treatments for sciatica pain in New York City. Now let’s look in more detail at the latest sciatica treatments that avoid risky surgeries and narcotics:
- SI Joint Injection – this is when a pain doctor injects pain medicine directly into the sacroiliac joint. A pain doctor might use fluoroscopic guidance (a special type of X-Ray) to locate the best possible injection site for pain relief. This ensures pain relieving medicine can be delivered directly to the root cause of pain. Local anesthetic is also used throughout the procedure to maximize comfort.
- Lumbar Epidural – this is when a pain doctor injects pain relieving medicine directly into the epidural space in the spine. The epidural space is an area between the protective sac of nerves and the bone. Injecting medicine directly into the epidural space alleviates the inflammation and pain.
- Radiofrequency Ablation – rfa treatment is an excellent treatment for chronic low back pain and provides effective sciatica pain relief. It also avoids the use of steroid medicine and narcotics. During rfa, a pain doctor uses small currents of alternating heat technology to thermally deactivate the nerves. This stops the nerves sending pain information to the brain and achieves long-term pain relief.
These are just a few of the many different treatment options for sciatica pain in new york city. Best of all, these treatment choices avoid the risks associated with invasive surgeries or narcotics. A minimally invasive approach is the healthiest and safest way to benefit from back pain relief.
What Are The Symptoms Of Sciatica Pain?
Sciatica pain affects millions of Americans every year. If left untreated, your pain could get even worse or lead to further health problems. That’s why it’s important to book an appointment with a leading sciatica doctor.
There are many different causes of sciatica pain. First, let’s take a look at some of the most common signs and symptoms of sciatica:
- Pain that usually occurs on one side of the body.
- A shooting and sharp pain that starts in the lower lumbar and can travel down the buttock to the leg and foot.
- Numbless, tingling and pain that can occur anywhere along the nerve pathway (from the buttock down the leg and to the foot).
- Muscle weakness due to pain.
- A loss of bladder control/ bowel movements.
If you experience pain due to the sciatic nerve in the body, please don’t hesitate to book an appointment with a leading sciatica pain doctor in NY. They will spend time assessing your pain before creating a unique care plan to help you.
What Causes Sciatica Pain?
So far, we’ve looked at some of the most common signs and symptoms of sciatica nerve pain. Now let’s take a look at reasons why you might be experiencing nerve pain.
- Herniated discs – disc herniation is a common condition. Your discs are a rubbery texture and are situated between each bone in the spine. They contain a soft center called the nucleus and are surrounded by a hard exterior called the annulus. If you have disc herniation, it means the soft jelly-like interior of the disc’s nucleus has leaked out of the hard exterior (annulus). This can aggravate surrounding spinal nerves.
- Degenerative disc disease – this is an age-related condition and describes when the discs of the spine wear down.
- Spinal stenosis – this is a narrowing of the spine which can cause excessive pressure to be placed on the spinal nerves.
- Spondylolithesis – this describes when one of your bones in the spine extends forward over another bone. It can pinch the spinal nerves and aggravate the sciatica nerve. It is commonly associated with degenerative disc disorders.
These are just a few examples of the different causes of sciatica pain. That’s why it’s important to receive a diagnosis and treatment plan from a leading pain doctor in new york city. They will spend time with you to understand your pain issue before creating a care plan for you. Let’s now look at how you can receive a diagnosis for your sciatica pain.
How Is Sciatica Pain Diagnosed?
When you visit The Pain Treatment Specialists, our leading doctors spend time with each patient to fully understand the nature of the pain.
In order to receive an accurate diagnosis, our doctors generally follow a four-step approach. This includes: –
- Taking a verbal medical history.
- Performing a physical examination of the problem area for visible signs of damage.
- Ordering blood tests to rule out underlying conditions.
- Taking imaging scans (like X-Rays and ultrasound) to gain a picture of the area.
Once your pain doctor has collected the relevant information, they will provide you with a diagnosis and treatment plan. This treatment plan involves a recommendation for one of the minimally invasive treatment options previously discussed. They can also recommend the best physical therapist to work with you during your recovery.
How Much Does Sciatica Pain Treatment Cost?
Now that we’ve looked at the best sciatica pain doctor in NY as well as the latest treatment options, you might be wondering how much treatment can cost.
At The Pain Treatment Specialists, you will be greeted by our friendly and welcoming team. Our state of the art Manhattan clinic provides a first-class patient experience and provides access to the most advanced treatment options on the market.
Once you meet our front of house team, they will take your insurance information and explain your coverage and benefits. They will also be in direct contact with your insurance provider to ensure you receive a fast and smooth treatment process. Before your treatment starts, you will be made aware of any costs you owe (if applicable). In this way, you won’t be surprised by any hidden bills!
If you have any questions about your insurance or want to find out more, please don’t hesitate to call us on (855) 665-4743. An experienced member of our team will be happy to help you.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our pain treatment specialists is one of the best ways to determine the proper solution for pain relief.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.