Where Can I Find the Best Pain Therapy in Hackensack?
November 20, 2021
Who Provides The Best Pain Therapy In Hackensack?
If you’re looking for the best pain therapy in hackensack new jersey, then The Pain Treatment Specialists is your best option. This state of the art pain clinic houses a team of board certified and Harvard-trained pain doctors. Best of all, they use the latest cutting edge technology to treat you without using surgery or narcotics. Click HERE to book an appointment with an expert pain physician and explore the latest minimally invasive treatments.
If you are currently struggling with a pain issue, then you might be wondering:-
- What are the best pain therapy treatments?
- What are the main causes of pain?
- What happens when I visit a pain doctor?
- Are there home remedies for pain?
- How much does pain treatment cost?
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons can be too quick to suggest surgery and narcotics for treating pain. However, surgery is risky and in some instances, it is not always necessary. Surgery can sometimes actually cause more problems than it solves. Once the surgery is over, patients have to deal with painful and long recovery periods. This can lead to the use of narcotics, NSAIDs and opioids to combat pain. It is no secret that the U.S. is in the middle of an opioid epidemic and health officials warn against using pain medications for long periods of time.
Instead of relying on invasive procedures like surgery, it is important you explore the latest options for pain therapy in hackensack that are low risk, pain free and highly effective. Minimally invasive procedures are the best way to optimize your health and avoid risk. So, what are the best minimally invasive options for pain therapy in hackensack? Let’s read on to find out.
What Are The Best Pain Therapy Treatments?
Now you might be wondering, ‘what are the best pain therapy treatments?’ A safe and pain-free way to treat your cause for concern is to explore the latest minimally invasive options with one of our board certified pain doctors. Our doctors are passionate about creating patient centered care plans that maximize your health and minimize risk. That’s why they create unique treatment programs using the most advanced techniques in pain medicine.
Our state of the art pain centers have locations across Northern New Jersey and offer some of the latest cutting-edge technology in pain medicine. Let’s look at the best pain therapy treatments:-
- Steroid injections – steroid medicine is far more powerful than over the counter pain medications. A pain doctor can inject steroid medicine directly into the area of pain. This ensures powerful anti-inflammatory medicine targets the root cause of your pain. The steroid medicine will reduce any pain and inflammation in the affected area. Steroid injections are a popular treatment option because they have zero down time, meaning patients can return to daily activities with relative ease. These injections can also be delivered a few times over the course of a treatment plan and work well in conjunction with physical therapy too.
- Platelet rich plasma injections – prp treatment is a new and innovative treatment. It combines the body’s own ability to heal with cutting-edge technology. During prp treatment, a pain doctor condenses the platelets in a sample of your blood. The platelets are condensed by a machine called a centrifuge. Once the centrifuge has condensed your platelets, a pain doctor injects this high concentration of platelets directly into the area of pain. This encourages the growth of healthy new cells and tissues
- Nerve block – a pain doctor can inject local anesthetic near the nerves responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. For example, if you have knee pain, your pain doctor can inject local anesthetic near the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee. The local anesthetic numbs the area and also ‘blocks’ any pain information being sent from the knee to the brain. This achieves instant and long-term pain relief without invasive procedures or steroid medicine.
These are just a few examples of the many different types of pain therapy in New Jersey. If you book an appointment with one of our board certified pain doctors, they will be able to assess your problem and create a unique care plan to help you. Regardless of whether you have acute or chronic pain, our top pain physicians will be with you throughout your treatment plan to get you back to full health.
We have medical centres located across Northern New Jersey, including Paramus, Clifton and West Orange (near Essex Country Club). If you would like to find out more, please don’t hesitate to call us on: (855) 428-0125.
What Are The Main Causes Of Pain?
There are many different causes of pain. Pain can sometimes be caused by underlying health conditions, like arthritis or spinal stenosis. However, pain can also be a result of an injury, such as a meniscus tear. If you leave your pain untreated, it could get worse over time or even lead to further health issues. This is why it is vital that you book an appointment with an expert doctor in New Jersey. Let’s take a look at some of the most common causes of pain:-
- Neck pain: pinched nerve, cervical spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, strained neck muscle.
- Back pain: herniated discs, sciatica, spondylolisthesis, scoliosis.
- Knee pain: meniscus tear, ACL injury, knee arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis.
- Hip pain: hip labral tear, muscle strain, arthritis, tendinitis.
These are just a few examples of some of the most common causes of pain. Regardless of whether your pain is acute or chronic, it is vital your pain doctor knows the root cause of your pain. This will help you receive targeted treatment as quickly and as smoothly as possible.
What Happens When I Visit A Pain Doctor?
When you visit one of our board certified pain doctors, you will be welcomed into state of the art facilities. A member of our front of house team will greet you and will answer your questions. You will then meet one of our pain management doctors.
Your pain management doctor will spend time with you to fully assess the nature of your pain complaint. Our pain doctors are passionate about creating unique care plans for each patient and this is why they value the importance of establishing healthy doctor-patient relationships.
Once your pain doctor has fully understood your pain issue, they may then use a variety of methods to inform their diagnosis and treatment plan. This may involve:-
- Asking you questions to obtain your verbal medical history
- Performing a physical examination of the area of pain
- Ordering imaging scans (like X-Rays and ultrasounds) to gain a picture
- Taking blood tests to rule out underlying health conditions
Your pain physician will then use this information to provide you with a diagnosis and tailored treatment plan. This treatment plan will involve a recommendation for a minimally invasive procedure as well as physical therapy.
Best of all, you won’t have to worry about the risks associated with invasive surgeries or narcotics. Our pain doctors are passionate about using safe, low risk and highly effective treatments options that avoid risky surgeries.
Are There Home Remedies For Pain?
It is possible to help alleviate your pain with some home remedies. However, this should never replace medical advice from a board certified pain doctor. If you experience a pain issue, it is highly recommended you book an appointment with a top pain physician at one of our New Jersey medical centers. Otherwise, your pain might get worse or even lead to further health issues.
The most common home remedy for pain is called R.I.C.E. It stands for:-
If you have a pain issue, it is recommended you rest your area of pain. For example, if you twist your ankle, try to rest it as much as possible for the following 24 – 48 hours. Pain is your body’s way of signalling that something is wrong. Resting your pain issue can help your body to recuperate following an injury.
It’s also recommended that you ice the area of pain. It’s important that you wrap an ice pack in a towel before applying it to the skin as this prevents ice burns. Try to ice your pain for around 20 minutes every 2 – 3 hours for the first 24 – 48 hours after your injury.
A compression sleeve can also alleviate any swelling that might be taking place. However, if you start to feel tingling, swelling or numbness, then the compression sleeve might be too tight.
Elevating the area of pain describes when you raise the sore area of your body so that it is above the heart’s level. For example, if you have hurt your ankle, prop it up on cushions when you are sitting on the sofa. This will help reduce any pain and throbbing sensations. Try and elevate the area of pain whenever you can, even if you are not able to ice it at the same time.
R.I.C.E. is a simple and effective way to alleviate the immediate pain and inflammation associated with an injury. However, it is still recommended you seek medical advice if you are worried about your pain or if it persists.
How Much Does Pain Treatment Cost?
Now that we’ve looked at the best options for pain therapy in hackensack, you might be wondering how much your treatment may cost.
When you visit one of our New Jersey pain clinics, our friendly and experienced front of house team will greet you. They will take your insurance information and will explain your coverage. They will also let you know if you are entitled to any benefits.
Before your treatment begins, you will be made fully aware of how much you owe (if this applies to you). Our front of house team also liaises directly with your insurance provider to help you receive treatment as quickly as possible.
If you have a pain issue and are unsure of your insurance, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team on: (855) 428-0125.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.