Back Specialist NYC
Back pain is an extremely common issue that most people suffer from at some point in their lives. It especially gets worse as you grow older. With back pain, your muscles start hurting easily, you have trouble bending over, and you may not even be able to walk or stand properly. Do you identify with these symptoms? If so, you might be looking for the best back specialist NYC.
It’s especially important to find a back specialist in NYC because people in metropolitan cities are far more likely to suffer from back pain because of their rigorous work lives. Back pain can occur for a number of reasons, such as conditions like osteoporosis in which your spinal bones get hollow, osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, herniated discs, and so many more.
Different types of back pain require different types of treatments. The only way to determine which treatment you need is to go to a back specialist NYC so they can diagnose the root cause of your problems and then offer a solution. An experienced interventional back pain specialist will always recommend minimally invasive procedures instead of surgical procedures or opioids.
In this article, we’ll show you how to find the best back specialist NYC.
What Makes a Good Back Pain Doctor?
There are a lot of different types of back pain doctors out there. Palliative care specialists take care of chronic back pain arising due to underlying conditions. Chronic pain specialists specialize in offering pain medications and narcotics for temporary relief.
However, if you truly want to treat your back pain for an extended duration without resorting to surgeries or opioids, you should visit an interventional pain and spine specialist. They are pain doctors who can diagnose and treat the root cause of your back pain. By treating the root cause, you get extended relief from back pain instead of a temporary one.
A good back specialist NYC should also focus only on minimally invasive pain treatments that cause minimal pain or discomfort. Some doctors still use invasive surgical methods, however, they aren’t as effective and they have a higher risk of complications.
In order to conduct an effective back pain treatment, the pain doctor should first conduct an X-Ray or MRI of the spine to understand it better. Based on that, the pain doctor can curate a treatment plan specifically meant for you.
A basic recommendation for all back pain issues includes RICE and physical therapy. RICE is basically short for rest, ice, compression, and elevation. You have to rest, place ice on the sore muscles, wrap it in ACE bandages, and elevate the affected region. The pain doctor will also recommend a good physical therapist who can help you out.
Finally, the pain doctor treats the back pain using one of the following minimally invasive procedures:
- Epidural Steroid Injections: A minimally invasive procedure that only involves an injection of medication into the epidural space between the bone and the spinal nerves. This is especially effective against spinal stenosis or disc herniation-related back pains.
- Facet Joint Injections: This is a simple procedure in which a numbing solution or anesthetic is injected around the nerves of the small joints in the lower back region.
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation: This procedure uses an alternating current technology that applies immense heat in order to eliminate certain selective pain-transmitting nerves, which prevents you from feeling pain.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation: During this procedure, the pain doctor modifies the pain signals reaching the brain, thereby minimizing the level of back pain you experience.
Best Back Specialist NYC
As previously mentioned, when it comes to back pain, you should visit interventional pain and spine specialists. There are a number of great back pain doctors in NYC, however, Vein Treatment Center has some of the best back pain specialists NYC.
- George Hanna: A nationally recognized Ivy League-educated double board-certified back specialist NYC, Dr. Hanna is currently the director of Pain Management at VIP Medical Group.
- NamrataKhimani: A double board-certified interventional pain specialist with a degree from Columbia University and one from Harvard Medical School, Dr. Khimani is one of the world’s leading pain doctors for lower back issues.
- Michael Nguyen: One of the world’s most reputable pain doctors, Dr. Nguyen is triple board-certified and has completed both his residency and fellowship training from Harvard Medical School. His clinic has been hailed as a Center of Excellence.
Consult the Best Board-Certified Pain Specialists
Pain Treatment Center is one of the world’s leading pain treatment centers. We have interventional pain specialists like Dr. George Hanna, Dr. Namrata Khimani, and Dr. Michael Nguyen who specialize in minimally invasive pain treatment procedures that cause little to no pain. If you’re looking for a pain specialist in New York City, you don’t need to look any further.
Once you enter Pain Treatment Center, our pain specialists will examine your condition using imaging tests like MRI and X-Rays. Following that, they’ll treat back pain using some of the best treatments like epidural steroid injections, facet joint injections, and radiofrequency ablation, and spinal cord stimulation.
We completely avoid surgical procedure because they can lead to complications and are risky. And we don’t prescribe unnecessary opioids because we believe in providing long-term solutions to the root cause of back pain.
If you have any other questions about back pain treatments, then please schedule an appointment with the best back specialist NYC.