Where’s the Best Pain Treatment Midtown? | The Pain Treatment Specialists
Do I Need Surgery? | A Harvard Doctor Responds
If you’re in pain, you will be searching for the best pain treatment midtown manhattan. Regardless of whether you have acute or chronic pain, it’s vital you find pain treatments that optimize your health. Pain is your body’s way of signalling that something is not right. It could be caused by traumatic injury, nerve damage or underlying conditions like osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis. That’s why it’s vital you seek medical attention if you are experiencing pain problems.
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clots
- Wound infections
- Potential over-reliance on narcotics, NSAIDs and opioids
- Long recovery periods
In some cases, surgery can create more problems that it solves. It is not always necessary and can lead to problems with pain medication due to the pain management required post-operatively. Health officials warn against taking narcotics for long periods of time. It is no secret that the U.S. is in the middle of an opioid epidemic.
The great news is that there are many highly effective ways to achieve the best pain treatment midtown manhattan without surgery and narcotics. The Pain Treatment Specialists NY is a clinic housing a team of board certified Harvard doctors using the most advanced pain management procedures on the market.
The Pain Treatment Specialists are based in midtown manhattan (near The Chrysler Building) and provide exceptional patient care at their state of the art manhattan clinic. Instead of using surgery and narcotics, these board certified pain physicians use regenerative medicine and cutting-edge technology to treat pain in a non-invasive way.
Minimally invasive treatments are the best option for pain treatment midtown. This is because the non-invasive manner of these treatments equates to low risk and highly positive outcomes. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about side effects associated with surgery and taking opioids, NSAIDs and narcotics. These pain specialists are passionate about putting your health first and providing safe and pain-free treatment choices.
If you want to explore the latest minimally invasive treatments at this Center of Excellence in New York, NY, then please call (212) 973-2439.
How Do I Treat Pain?
The Pain Treatment Specialists new york ny pride themselves on providing first class patient care. They enjoy spending time with each patient to fully understand their pain problem before creating a customized care plan unique to each patient’s health requirements.
So far, we’ve looked at why surgery might not be the best option for you. As well as the risks associated with being under anesthesia, it’s also important to consider the long-term recovery process after surgery.
Combining regenerative medicine with a holistic approach to pain is the best way to treat problems. Let’s take a look at some of the most advanced treatment options in new york city.
The Best Minimally Invasive Treatments
Minimally invasive treatments are a conservative way to diagnose and treat a wide range of pain problems. They are low risk, pain-free and are a safe option to get you back on your feet. Below are a few examples of the best alternatives to surgery and narcotics.
- Steroid Injections – a pain doctor NY can use steroid medicine and local anesthetic to numb pain and reduce inflammation. Steroid injections enable long-term pain relief and are delivered directly to the area of pain. They are a fast, simple and highly effective pain treatment option. Some patients receive 2-3 steroid injections for maximum effect.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections – hyaluronic acid is a component of joint fluid. It is necessary for keeping joints lubricated so that the joints can glide easily. Some conditions like osteoarthritis mean that the cartilage on the ends of bones in joints has worn down. This means the bones struggle to glide one over the other and the joints become sore with friction. Hyaluronic acid injections are a great way to remedy this problem. A pain doctor can inject hyaluronic acid directly into the swollen and stiff joints to increase lubrication and reduce friction in the joint.
- Radiofrequency Ablation – this is when a pain doctor new york city uses radiofrequency energy to de-activate nerves. Radiofrequency ablation can be used for genicular nerves (sensory nerves) in the knee joint or in the lumbar (back) region. The nervous system connects to many different muscles and tissues. If we experience pain, the nerves are sending this pain information from the area of pain to the brain, where the pain signals are registered. This is why we experience pain sensations. A pain management doctor uses a small generator to transmit radiofrequency energy to the area of pain. This energy heats up the nerves and de-activates them. The nerves are no longer able to send pain information to the brain, allowing long-term pain relief to be achieved. Best of all, this treatment is an excellent recommendation if wanting to avoid steroid medicine.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections – prp treatment is when a doctor draws up a small amount of your own blood. They run your blood through a centrifuge machine to condense the platelets in your blood. These platelets are then injected directly into your area of pain to stimulate the growth of healthy new cells and tissue. Prp treatment is an exciting and innovative area of pain technology which uses the body’s own healing abilities.
- Physical Therapy – an expert pain doctor can recommend the best physical therapist to help you. A physical therapist provides you with gentle exercises to be completed at home. These exercises strengthen the muscles around the area of pain and also help with stability and flexibility. Physical therapy is great pain treatment midtown, especially when used in conjunction with other non-invasive procedures.
Who’s The Best Doctor NYC?
The best pain treatment midtown manhattan is provided by one of our board certified Harvard doctors at The Pain Treatment Specialists. These doctors are exceptional leaders in pain medicine and have a proven track record of providing first-class patient care using the most advanced techniques in regenerative medicine.
At The Pain Treatment Specialists New York City, our doctors are:-
- Board Certified – this means the doctors have achieved the highest possible levels of medical training. They have passed rigorous medical examinations and are dedicated to providing the most advanced pain treatments without surgery.
- Harvard Alumni – all of the pain physicians at this clinic were trained at the best medical school in the world. Their Harvard training demonstrates their dedication to teaching, research and further improving pain medicine.
- Friendly – our pain management doctors are compassionate and understanding. They see their patients as more than just a collection of symptoms and spend time with each patient to fully understand their pain problems. They will then create a customized care plan to suit your health status and timescale.
- Passionate about regenerative medicine – providing safe and low risk pain procedures is at the heart of The Pain Treatment Specialists NYC. Creating minimally invasive treatment options that maximize your health is at the forefront of this medical center NY.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.