Who Is the Best Sciatica Specialist in Manhattan NY?
March 11, 2021
Which Doctor Is The Best Sciatica Pain Specialist In Manhattan?
If you have sciatica pain, then you might be looking for the best sciatica treatments. Sciatica pain has many different causes and symptoms. If left untreated, your sciatica pain could get even worse and lead to further health issues. That’s why it’s vital you book an appointment HERE with a board certified, Harvard-trained sciatica pain specialist in manhattan. These expert pain doctors use the latest techniques in regenerative medicine to provide a holistic approach to health care that avoids surgery and narcotics.
So, who is the best sciatica pain specialist in manhattan? The Pain Treatment Specialists is a top-rated manhattan pain clinic providing the latest minimally invasive sciatica treatments. A minimally invasive approach to sciatica pain treatment avoids the risks and complications associated with back surgery and narcotics. Best of all, this state of the art manhattan clinic houses a team of the top pain doctors in the field of pain medicine. All of the doctors have achieved the highest possible levels of medical training and are alumni from Harvard Medical School – the number one medical school in the world. These pain physicians regularly contribute further research to pain medicine and are advocates of using the latest cutting-edge technology to diagnose and treat pain. They are passionate about using minimally invasive treatment options which are safer, healthier and more effective than risky back surgeries.
If you have sciatica pain, then you might want answers to the following questions:
- What are the best treatments for sciatica pain?
- What causes sciatica pain?
- What are the symptoms of sciatica pain?
- How much does sciatica treatment cost?
- Can sciatica pain be prevented?
Let’s read on to find out how you can benefit from receiving state of the art pain care in midtown manhattan. Call the clinic now on (855) 211-8568 to start your treatment journey. The Pain Treatment Specialists is conveniently located in the heart of the Big Apple, near Penn Station. It also has excellent transport links to Grand Central Station and many subway lines.
What Are The Best Treatments For Sciatica Pain?
Now that we’ve looked at the best sciatica specialists in Manhattan, let’s look at a few examples of the best minimally invasive options provided by Harvard-trained pain specialists.
- SI Joint Injection – the sacroiliac joint connects the pelvis and lower spine. During a joint injection, a pain doctor can use fluoroscopic guidance (a special kind of X-Ray) to find the most effective injection sites. Once this has been confirmed, the doctor will inject pain relief into the sacroiliac joint. This ensures pain-relieving medicine hits the root cause of your pain. Local anesthetic can also be used to keep the joint numb and comfortable.
- COOLIEF SI Joint Cooled RF – this is a popular treatment option and is one of the most advanced techniques in pain medicine. During this sciatica treatment, pain doctors will place an insulated electrode on your skin. They will then transmit small currents of radiofrequency energy to the electrode in order to deactivate the nerves. This stops the nerves sending pain information to the brain. COOLIEF SI Joint Cooled RF is a safe, non-invasive treatment option which has excellent outcomes. It can achieve long-term pain relief without the need for risky procedures or the use of narcotics.
- Radiofrequency Ablation – radiofrequency ablation (rfa treatment) is one of the most exciting and innovative minimally invasive treatment options. This sciatica pain treatment avoids steroid medicine. It describes when a pain doctor transmits small currents of radiofrequency energy to thermally deactivate the nerves in the lumbar. This stops pain signals from being sent to the brain and registered. Long-term pain relief is achieved without narcotics or invasive procedures.
- Steroid Injections – steroid injections are one of the most popular treatment options provided by pain doctors. Steroid injections describe when a pain doctor injects powerful pain-relieving medicine directly to the root cause of your pain. This reduces inflammation and pain in the lumbar and can provide long-term pain relief. Steroid medicine is far more powerful than aspirin and can last for significant periods of time.
What Causes Sciatica Pain?
There are many potential causes of sciatica pain. That’s why it’s highly recommended you schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified pain experts in Manhattan.
Our leading pain physicians will spend time with you to fully understand your pain and lifestyle. They will then provide you with a diagnosis and treatment plan tailored to your needs. This sciatica treatment plan will involve a recommendation for one of the minimally invasive treatment options as well as physical therapy. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about the risks associated with surgery or narcotics.
Let’s now take a look at some common causes of sciatica pain:
- Degenerative disc disease – this is an age-related condition. It describes when gradual wear and tear over time breaks down the spinal discs. As a result, the spinal nerves can become aggravated.
- Spinal stenosis – this is when the narrowing of the spine causes excessive pressure to be placed onto the spinal nerves. As a result, the nerves become irritated and this leads to pain.
- Spondylolithesis – this is when one of the spinal bones extends forward over the other bone. This can lead to pinched nerves and sciatica pain.
- Herniated discs – disc herniation is a common experience. The spine is composed of small discs that sit between each bone in the spine. These discs contain a soft, jelly-like interior (nucleus) and a hard exterior (annulus). Disc herniation describes when the jelly-like substance of the nucleus leaks out into the exterior of the disc (annulus). This leaking fluid can cause nerve irritation which leads to pain.
If you experience sciatica pain, it’s important you schedule a consultation with one of the best sciatica pain specialists in Manhattan at The Pain Treatment Specialists. Our expert pain doctors understand why you might be worried about your pain. That’s why they value spending time with each patient to fully understand the root cause of the problem and offer solutions.
Now let’s take some time to explore the most common symptoms of sciatica.
What Are The Symptoms Of Sciatica Pain?
So far, we’ve looked at the best sciatica pain specialist in manhattan as well as the latest treatment options. We’ve also explored the most common causes of sciatica pain. Now let’s look at the symptoms of sciatica.
The sciatic nerve runs from the lower lumbar to the buttocks, down the leg and into the foot. Nerve pain can occur at any point along this nerve pathway. However, it is most common for sciatica pain to occur on only one side of the body.
The most common signs and symptoms of sciatica include:
- A shooting, sharp pain is felt at any point along the sciatic nerve pathway.
- Tingling, numbness and weakness at any point along the nerve.
- Muscle weakness.
- Loss of bladder and/ or bowel control.
If you experience any of these signs and symptoms, it is highly recommended you book an appointment with an expert doctor at The Pain Treatment Specialists. They will be able to find the root cause of your pain and create a unique care plan to help you. Schedule an appointment today on (855) 211-8568.
How Much Does Sciatica Treatment Cost?
Now that we’ve looked at the best pain free proceeds for sciatica pain, you might be wondering how much this treatment can cost.
The good news is that The Pain Treatment Specialists provides a smooth service that ensures you receive medical assistance as quickly as possible. When you first visit this pain clinic in the heart of NYC, you will be welcomed into state of the art facilities.
A member of our friendly front of house team can take your insurance information and will explain your coverage and benefits. If you have any questions, our experienced team will be happy to help you. They liaise directly with your insurance provider so there are no delays to you receiving treatment.
Best of all, you won’t have to worry about any hidden bills or costs. You will be fully aware of your insurance benefits and how much you owe (if applicable) prior to treatment commencing.
Can Sciatica Pain Be Prevented?
It can be common for sciatica pain to occur more than once. That’s why it’s important to consider the following preventative measures to help you.
The first recommendation to help your sciatica pain is to take part in low impact sports. One of the best tips for alleviating sciatica pain is to walk. In addition to walking, strengthening the gluteal and core muscles can help prevent further episodes of sciatica pain. Strengthening the muscles surrounding your lower back can be assisted with the help of a top physical therapist.
Second, it is important to consider the way in which you walk. Walking at a much slower pace will ensure your steps are naturally smaller. This prevents you from subconsciously reaching forward with your toes. Walking at a slower pace will help you to land between the midfoot and the heel. You will then naturally roll forward onto your toes before pushing off for your next step.
Book a Consultation
Scheduling a consultation with one of our pain treatment specialists is one of the best ways to determine the proper solution for pain relief.
Harvard Medical School
Director of Pain Management
Dr. George Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist and Double Board Certified in anesthesiology and pain management medicine. Dr. Hanna is currently available at Pain Treatment Specialists in Manhattan and Clifton, NJ. He is now accepting most major medical insurances, including Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Volney is double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently seeing patients at our Pain Treatment Center in Manhattan and Clifton, New Jersey. Most pain treatments are covered by all major medical insurances and Medicare.
Harvard Medical School
NY & NJ Pain Specialist
Dr. Michael Nguyen is world renowned in Pain Medicine. Dr. Nguyen completed his residency and advanced Pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. During his tenure at Harvard, Dr. Nguyen was awarded the “Mentor of the Year” and also “Teacher of the Year” award.
Harvard Medical School
NJ PAIN SPECIALIST
Dr. Lombardi specializes in the treatment of back, neck, and joint pain. By using a range of minimally invasive modalities as well as advanced procedures, she helps patients achieve a pain free life without the need for surgery. Dr. Lombardi will be offering her pain treatment services in Clifton, New Jersey.